B Table Fixture Question

jaco...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2018, 8:40:59 PM12/21/18
to Pocket NC
I've got a question about how the B table stays in place and doesn't loosen during machining.
So what stops the ER40 table from unthreading during PNC usage?

The reason I ask is because I'm in the process or designing two custom B table fixtures that threads into the table threads, but I would think that during use of the fixture that it would unthread.
For one of the two fixtures I'm making I could simply using the small threaded holes to stop rotation, but the other fixture makes it difficult to reach the holes.

Logan Rose

Dec 22, 2018, 8:11:18 AM12/22/18
to Pocket NC
The collet is a 3 piece system. The two threaded sections are being pressed apart during the tightening. It's a pretty solid hold on that fine thread.