Meeting scheduled for 2/24

Lynmarie Knight

Feb 18, 2010, 2:53:30 PM2/18/10
to Pocahontas County Water Resources Task Force
Hello everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your continued interest in the
Water Resources Task Force. I am excited to be serving an organization
with members who have proven to be so patient and understanding in the
face of unforeseen set backs and lots and LOTS of snow!

I am also pleased to announce we will have our next task force meeting
on Wednesday, February 24th at 10:00 AM at the McClintic Library in
Marlinton. This meeting will be our chance to regroup and refocus as
an organization as well as my chance to put some faces with names and
introduce myself to you. I am hoping to share some of my ideas for the
task force, and more importantly, hear from all of you.

For those of you who aren't able to make this daytime meeting, I will
continue to look forward to making your acquaintance at our next
evening meeting, if not sooner. I will also post a summary of our
meeting here on the google group so we can all stay up to speed and on
the same page.

Until next Wednesday, stay warm and have a great weekend!

Your new (and eager!) Water Resources Task Force VISTA,
Lynmarie Knight

Rondi Fischer

Feb 19, 2010, 11:00:50 AM2/19/10
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com

I regret that I will not be able to attend.  As it is, I have back-to-back video conferences at 9:30 and 10:30 that same morning that will possibly overlap.  Sorry.

Rondi L. Fischer, District Ranger
Marlinton/White Sulphur RD, MNF
Phone: 304-799-4334, Fax: 304-799-6820
Internet: rfis...@fs.fed.us
I believe...it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

Lynmarie Knight <lyn...@gmail.com>
Sent by: pocahont...@googlegroups.com

02/18/2010 02:53 PM

Pocahontas County Water Resources Task Force <pocahont...@googlegroups.com>
cc
Subject
Meeting scheduled for 2/24

Jay Miller

Feb 19, 2010, 1:11:46 PM2/19/10
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com
I plan to attend.  I think David Fleming recently added me to the membership.
Do you have any background material I can review before the meeting?  Is there a web site, or charter, or bylaws, or statute - anything - explaining what the task force is or what authority and responsibility it has.  Thanks.
Jay Miller
County Coordinator

Beth Little

Feb 19, 2010, 2:59:25 PM2/19/10
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com
Jay, The website for our task force is
http://groups.google.com/group/pocahontas-water

Go to the files page and you will see several things that will give you
background info. The "Water Resources Act" is a very brief summary of SB
641 and an explanation of the basis for forming our task force.

The presentation by Sam Lammie, who is the GIS person for the Forest Service
on the Monongahela National Forest, lays out the resources available to us
for developing our plan.

I am also attaching the handouts Mike Stratton gave us at our first meeting.
He is the DEP person in charge of developing the state plan.

Here is a link to an example of a study in Wyoming, which includes a link to
another study
http://wy.water.usgs.gov/projects/county_studies/sweetwater.htm

If you have any questions, call me at 653-4277.

Beth

02:34:00

LOCAL PLAN COMPONENTS.doc
CountyplanHandout.doc