think tank meeting results and next meeting dates

Lynmarie Knight

Apr 30, 2010, 3:47:56 PM4/30/10
to Pocahontas County Water Resources Task Force
Wednesday’s think tank meeting was a free form discussion resulting in
consensus regarding the purpose of our organization as well as
proposed organizational structure. Below is a summary of the think
tank meeting prepared by participants.
The consensus of the Think Tank Meeting was:

1. The purpose of the Water Resources Task Force is to serve as an
advisory group (to the county commission) toward the development of a
county water resources plan. The Task Force will provide input and
direction to the commission, enlisting local participation of all
concerned stakeholders.
2. Form a steering committee (described below) to provide
organization leadership to the Task Force.
The task force has outlined a broad scope of assessment needs. Now
task force members are being asked to indicate willingness to (A) meet
more often on a working steering committee - or - (B) continue in
their current advisory capacities. It's anticipated steering committee
members will meet monthly and commit five hours/month to the steering
committee. The list of advisory members willing to serve on steering
committee will be submitted to the county commission for
consideration. Members will be appointed, representing the 3
commissioner districts.

The Think Tank meeting results simply pointed to mobilizing those
willing to put more hours into providing leadership and structure to
the organization's efforts.

It is important to note, nothing was formally decided or adopted
during the think tank. We feel it is essential to include task force
members who were unable to make Wednesday’s meeting as we continue our
structuring process.

Thus, we have planned two community outreach meetings for the month of
May. At these outreach meetings, I will deliver a presentation on the
task force and the results from our think tank in Hillsboro. Following
the presentation, we will open the floor for questions and brief
discussion. After our community outreach meetings, we plan to present
nominations for our steering committee members to the county
commission on June 1st.

Here’s the information for the upcoming community outreach meetings:
Meeting #1- Wednesday, May 12th 6:00 p.m. – Green Bank Public Library
Meeting #2- Thursday, May 27th 6:00 p.m. – Linwood Community Library

I’ll look forward to seeing many of you in Green Bank and at the new
Linwood Library. Thanks for your continued interest and support at
this exciting time in our organization.

Lynmarie

Jay Miller

Apr 30, 2010, 4:46:58 PM4/30/10
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com
I will be attending an out of town conference the week that includes 5/12, so I won't be able to attend the Green Bank meeting.  I will try to attend the 5/27 meeting in Linwood.  Jay

Mary Moore McLaughlin

Apr 30, 2010, 8:11:27 PM4/30/10
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com
Go Lynmarie!