Re: Digest for pocahontas-water@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Mary Moore McLaughlin

Jun 1, 2012, 12:40:38 PM6/1/12
to pocahont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lynmarie,

Thanks for including me in your email list. I'm curious about how the water has tested from wells around Hillsboro?
Sissy McLaughlin

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM, <pocahont...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/pocahontas-water/topics

    Lynmarie Knight <pocaho...@gmail.com> May 31 07:58AM -0700

    The Water Resources Task Force has heard from many Pocahontas County
    citizens over the past couple years regarding issues with private
    groundwater supplies (wells and springs). Many folks have iron and/or
    sulfur in their wells and many have seen their wells or springs run
    dry in recent summers. Given there is not much groundwater data
    available for Pocahontas County, this anecdotal information is very
    important to help us piece together an accurate portrait of our
    groundwater.

    Thus, the Water Resources Task Force is putting out a call for any and
    all available information and/or data regarding groundwater. If you or
    anyone you know has information to share regarding groundwater
    quantity or quality, please be in touch. You can reach Lynmarie via
    email at pocaho...@gmail.com or by phone at 653-4806.

    Also, if you have any tips to share regarding how you've dealt with
    iron, sulfur, etc. in your water supply, we'd love to hear them.

    Thanks and have a great sunny day!

    Joshua Hardy <joshua...@yahoo.com> May 31 08:32AM -0700

    Hi:
    Attached is a copy of our well test we conducted last spring.  Our well water suffers from a high iron content and sulphur (though the sulphur smell tends to be a bit sporadic making me think it is highly evident during drought or low water periods).  We treat the iron with a softener system that is somewhat expensive and to my mind is the cause for our high sodium level as well.  When the sulphur smell becomes unbearable I will "shock" our well with chlorine tablets obtained from Richardson's.  The tablets are cheap and by following the recommended dosage the smell goes away with no side effects (or at least so we think).

[...]

You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

M3