Next "meeting" - March 26, 2010

Lynmarie Knight

Mar 16, 2010, 12:15:27 PM3/16/10
to Pocahontas County Water Resources Task Force
Hello all,

I am writing to let you know we’ve set a date for the next task force
get together! When we last spoke, the plan was to invite a
representative of Downstream Strategies back for another presentation.
However, they are unable to make it. So, we’ve planned a special event
in lieu of our monthly meeting. The Water Resources Task Force is
hosting a complimentary film screening of the critically acclaimed
documentary film, Blue Gold: World Water Wars. The film will be shown
at the McClintic Library in Marlinton at 6:00 pm on Friday, March 26,
2010.

This film is highly speculative and not without controversy. Our task
force in no way means to imply we agree with the conclusions of the
film makers. Rather, this screening is intended to make us think, get
us talking and inspire us with examples of effective grass roots
movements around the world.

I hope many of you will be able to join us for this evening of
meaningful entertainment. There will be no formal meeting on the 26th.
However, as this film will no doubt elicit responses, informal
discussion may naturally arise after the film.

Also, if you are willing to bring a snack to share during the film,
that would be great! We’ve already got popcorn covered, but anything
else you’d like to contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Take care, everyone. I look forward to seeing you on the 26th.
Lynmarie