ZD9GJ update

Lance Collister, W7GJ

Jul 9, 2024, 6:13:50 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to Magic Band EME Group, NEWS, Front Range 6 Meter Group, PNWVHFS, Bernie McClenny, W3UR, jon jones
Hello 6m DXers!

I finally received an email this morning that my August berth from Capetown to
Tristan da Cunha has been assigned to an electrician that they need to service the
electrical system on the island :-(  I have requested to be put on the waiting list
for a berth on the MV Lance departing Capetown on September 18 and a berth on the MFV
Edinburgh to leave the island on October 27. I have updated the DXpedition website
accordingly:

http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/TDC%202024.htm

Of course, the possibility exists that I will be bumped for a third time if there are
higher priority passengers needing the berth. All my equipment is checked, packed and
sitting here ready to go with me on the next DXpedition - I just need need a
confirmation of passage.

In the meantime, I am also investigating the possibility of activating another rare
DXCC for the first time on 6m EME, in case the ZD9 trip is canceled again. I was
hoping that ZD8 could be a backup location, but research has shown that there
currently is no place to operate and only friends and relatives of those already
living on the island are issued visas to enter ZD8. I am still investigating the
possibility of H40 and D6, but neither of those DXCC currently have good lines of
communications, so it is taking longer to move forward on those. In the meantime,
fingers are still crossed for ZD9!

Thanks for your patience and understanding! I will provide updates as soon as more
information is available!

GL and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ, S79GJ, TX7MB, TO7GJ, 3B9GJ)
P.O. Box 73

Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the new Magic Band EME
page (above)!