Remembering Bruce-KI7JA

Etienne-K7ATN

Nov 21, 2021, 10:39:48 AM11/21/21
to PNWVHFS
  Some may remember how I got into VHF mountain-topping...while doing SOTA around CN85 I would CQ on the 2m weak-signal frequency with 5W and a vertical - and Bruce would answer. Often enough that I began to think that doing VHF for contacts could be a thing, while actually, it was just Bruce.
When he passed, his family asked PNWVHF Society to help clear out his shack, and I came away with a beat-up Cushcraft 19el yagi for 70cm.
I've been thinking about what to do with that yagi for many years, and last night I had my first three initials on 70cm EME (Russia, Germany and Massachusetts) with that yagi. Thanks Bruce.

Etienne-K7ATN

James Christiansen

Nov 21, 2021, 10:51:35 AM11/21/21
to Etienne-K7ATN, PNWVHFS Google Group
That is pretty cool Etienne.  Thanks

73  Jim K7ND

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.