PNWNAS 2012

Donna Calhoun

Nov 3, 2012, 7:55:10 PM11/3/12
to pnw...@googlegroups.com
Dear PNWNAS Group :

PNWNAS 2012 was a great success!  To all of our out of town attendees, thank you for making the trip to Boise.  We were quite happy to show off our campus, and hope that you will consider us part of the Northwest Numerical Analysis community.

To all of the speakers, we were delighted to have such a diverse and stimulating set of talks, and so an extra thank you goes to you for your preparations and yoru key role in making PNWNAS a success this year.   We are posting presentations on the PNWNAS website as we receive them.  Please visit

and click on the links to the complete schedule.

Randy LeVeque has generously agreed to PNWNAS 2013 in Seattle.   And it looks like 2014 is also already spoken for. Jay Gopalakrishnan, from Portland State University has agreed to host PNWNAS 2014.

We look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Sincerely,

PNWNAS 2012 Organizing Committee

Donna Calhoun
Jodi Mead
Grady Wright

Chen Greif

Feb 1, 2013, 7:44:20 PM2/1/13
to pnw...@googlegroups.com

Dear PNWNAS community,

A workshop on numerical linear algebra and optimization will take place
at the University of
British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, on August 8-10, 2013. The scope
of the workshop is
fairly broad, involving the interplay between numerical linear algebra
and optimization, with
special attention to optimization problems concerning eigenvalues and
singular values. The workshop
will honor Michael Overton on the occasion of his 60th birthday.
Please see the conference website
http://www.pims.math.ca/scientific-event/130808-wnlao
for further details, including the list of confirmed invited speakers.

The conference is hosted by PIMS (Pacific Institute for the Mathematical
Sciences), whose support
is gratefully acknowledged. Other support is pending.

Everyone is warmly invited to attend the workshop. Some travel support
will be available for early-career
researchers and Ph.D. students who participate in the poster session:
see the web page for details.

We look forward to seeing many of our friends and colleagues in August
in Vancouver!

The organizers: Ioana Dumitriu, Chen Greif, Emre Mengi