PNWNAS 2011: Announcement and call for speakers

Glen Pugh

Jun 1, 2011, 12:54:09 PM6/1/11
to PNWNAS
*Announcement and call for speakers: PNWNAS 2011*

The 2011 edition of the Pacific Northwest Numerical Analysis Seminar
will be held at Vancouver Island University (VIU) on Sat Oct 1 2011.

The registration website for the event should be up by mid-June, but
here are a few details for now:

1) Location: Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo BC

VIU Home: http://www.viu.ca
VIU Math: http://www.viu.ca/math/

2) Local organizing committee

Frank Stenger (Utah) si...@shaw.ca
Lev Idels (VIU) Lev....@viu.ca, and
Glen Pugh (VIU) glen...@viu.ca

3) Travel funding: PIMS has generously offered support to cover some
travel and accommodation costs for speakers and students.

4) Morning coffee/tea+pastries, a deli-sandwich lunch, and afternoon
coffee/tea will be provided.

5) Registration fee: There is no registration fee assuming the number
of registrants does not exceed 50. If registration exceeds 50 then a
small fee will be collected to cover refreshments.

At this time we'd like to put out a first call for speakers. Talks
should be ~45 minutes and we expect to have six talks as in past
years. If you would like to give a talk (or would like to nominate
someone!) please contact Glen Pugh (glen...@viu.ca).

Please pass this announcement along to others who may be interested.

Glen

--

Glen Pugh