Recommended Hotels?

Rich McCue

Apr 4, 2011, 5:33:01 PM4/4/11
to pnwcode4lib
Are there any hotels that you'd recommend near the White Stag?

Michael J. Giarlo

Apr 4, 2011, 6:08:03 PM4/4/11
to pnwco...@googlegroups.com
I swear by the Mark Spencer when I am in Portland. A few of us stayed
there at code4lib 2008. It's about 14 blocks from the White Stag,
basically straight down Burnside. Nice walk.

-Mike

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 17:33, Rich McCue <ri...@msys.ca> wrote:
> Are there any hotels that you'd recommend near the White Stag?

Doug

Apr 4, 2011, 7:12:44 PM4/4/11
to pnwcode4lib
The Marriott Courtyard is nearby, and nice. It is not a cheap option,
but it is reliable. I've heard positive things about Hotel Lucia, it
probably has more character than the Marriott and it is almost as
close, but I can't testify from personal experience.

Doug

Jeremy McWilliams

Apr 4, 2011, 7:20:06 PM4/4/11
to pnwco...@googlegroups.com

McMenamins is opening up a new downtown hotel in May: http://www.mcmenamins.com/CrystalHotel

Usually they're reasonably priced, arty/quirky, and is about a dozen blocks from the White Stag.

Jeremy McWilliams
Digital Services Coordinator
Watzek Library
Lewis & Clark College
Portland, OR

Elizabeth Duell

Apr 5, 2011, 11:07:17 AM4/5/11
to pnwco...@googlegroups.com
There are a number of hotels in that area, my suggestion is:

Lodging:
Silver Cloud Inn
(503) 242-2400 or 1-800-205-6939
Orbis Cascade Alliance Rate: $109 + tax for a king room. Includes
Internet and Breakfast.
Transportation to the White Stag available with prior
arrangements at check in.
http://www.silvercloud.com/08home.htm

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Duell
Orbis Cascade Alliance
edu...@uoregon.edu
(541) 346-1883

Kyle Banerjee

Apr 5, 2011, 1:03:10 PM4/5/11
to pnwco...@googlegroups.com
One of the cool things about the Mark Spencer is that you have an option to name your price. We had some success in the past with great rates ($79 last year). This year, they weren't ready to take an offer that low this far out, but you can still save off published rates.

kyle