"Franco" SU-02 10GHz PCB

KR

Apr 24, 2024, 11:17:34 PMApr 24
to PNW Microwave, Frank Kromann, John Petrich, Fred W, Nick Krachmalnick, Mike Lewis, Ray Cannon, Rod WE7X
All, I found an interesting post on X.com today from Steve @G8GKA.  It's about how to fit the "Franco" board into a better RF enclosure and running it as a 10GHz LNA?

Here's a useful link regarding those mystery boards:
https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/%22Franco%22_SU-02_10GHz_PCB

I will have more time to participate with the group again soon.
--Konrad

image.png

--
--Konrad Roeder
konrad...@gmail.com

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Apr 25, 2024, 8:57:38 PMApr 25
to PNW Microwave
Konrad - very interesting articles.  I wonder how he built the cases?  Did he buy them somewhere or build them himself?

I have several articles about these boards.  The first is a translation of F6CXO's article.  The bad news is the photos are much better in the French document.  I also have some comments from W7PUA regarding using the existing power supply and a photo of the one I am using on my 10 GHz.
Unfortunately Google groups does not allow big attachments so I put it on my Dropbox if anyone is interested.

KR

Apr 26, 2024, 10:52:09 AMApr 26
to Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave
Ray,
I think Steve's (G8GKA) boxes look like they were made out of steel folded into a rectangular box.  Both ends look like they've been stamped out of steel.  The two end parts pop onto the rectangular square.  His method of making a box is similar to what LG Labs uses to make their transverters.  Looking at his X.com posts, it looks like he uses that method of making boxes often.

I may build my boxes for the LNA out of circuitboard material.  I think the chinese RF shield boxes on EBay may not be the right size or too expensive.

Thanks for the dropbox share.  I managed to download all of the F6XO articles and your power supply notes.

--Konrad  WA4OSH

Mike Lewis

Apr 26, 2024, 12:04:54 PMApr 26
to KR, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave

There is a company I believe is in Germany that makes standard size tin plated steel boxes like you see in some Kuhne, SG-Labs, the G8GKA and several DIY projects.  Saw them many moons ago, don’t recall name.

Frank M. Kromann

Apr 26, 2024, 6:49:18 PMApr 26
to KR, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave

I've started using tin plated steel to build boxes. It is similar to the one in the article and easy to solder. We can discuss further on Sunday.

- Frank

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/PNW-Microwave/CAMB5EY2A8W96OMBFdKFyESBDX5z%2BQzn_4F7eiZ7nrFKAJXU2Zw%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Web by Pixel, LLC
Frank M. Kromann

Frank M. Kromann

Apr 26, 2024, 6:51:10 PMApr 26
to Mike Lewis, KR, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave
fmk.vcf