RE: this weekends 10Ghz contest ( VA7SC ) CN89.

Scott CHARLES

Sep 16, 2022, 8:15:14 PM9/16/22
to PNW Microwave, PNWVHF
Hey Guy

Just wondering if anyone is going to on 10Ghz for this weekends contest?

Saturday is abit open to local QSO’s if no interest south of the border.

The plan is to be a bit flexible, But Sunday afternoon will be good for a shot south to the Seattle area.

Let me know what you think.

144.250Mhz
In CN89

Scott CHARLES, VA7SC

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Sep 17, 2022, 12:23:01 AM9/17/22
to PNW Microwave
I have a sore back which will prevent me from getting out this weekend.

Mark Spencer

Sep 17, 2022, 12:02:43 PM9/17/22
to Scott CHARLES, PNW Microwave, PNWVHF
At this point I expect to be operating from home on 10 Ghz at approx 1:30 pm to hopefully work another local ham via building bounce via the Metrotown / Kingsway corridor.   I am doubtful I would be able to work outside of CN89 via that means.

I am reasonably available today at other times.

Cellular 604 762 4099

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

w7pu...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2022, 2:59:19 PM9/17/22
to PNW Microwave

Hi Scott and All - I got booked up for this weekend, and with Ray still on the mend it might not be a good one to go out for 10 GHz, anyway.  But, I am interested in going out sometime this fall and doing Mt Rainier bounce from Marys Peak, just SW of Corvallis, OR.  I believe it should be possible to work up into BC, but it would take some effort.  I have 4 Watts, a 4-ft dish and frequency control to a Hz or so.  I see the top 3000 ft of Mt Rainier, and we have gotten bounce signals to Ray in his Kirkland area.

So, mark me down as interested, but not available this weekend.

73, Bob  W7PUA