Looking for a transverter

Rick Beatty

Dec 23, 2021, 12:12:33 AM12/23/21
to PNW Microwave, PNWVHFS
Hi to the group -- and Merry Christmas to you all.

After much thought I have decided I need to go back to a 2 meter transverter for my home station. Why? you ask, well I have always liked the
28Mhz option for receive and I am tying up my 817 for no reason; when I could be using it for other things.  I prefer a Doneast 10Watt version because I only need 4 watts to drive my amplifier. So, if you have a 10 watt downeast setting on the shelf gathering dust, lets talk --

Thanks -- Rick W7RNB

William McNally

Dec 24, 2021, 6:04:07 PM12/24/21
to Rick Beatty, PNW Microwave, PNWVHFS
Rick,
You might want to investigate this 144 to 28MHz transverter.  It is from a Ukranian ham & costs about $70..  I purchased the 222 to 28MHz version & it seems well made.  The eBay item Number is: 291756989977.
Bill
N6MN