For those of us using VNAs

Rick Beatty

Apr 21, 2024, 1:01:31 PMApr 21
to PNW Microwave, PNWVHFS
Good Morning -- Almost by pure accident I found an issue I want to share regarding the use of your VNA. When you get your VNA it comes with a couple of cables and the necessary things needed to calibrate the unit.
I found that the cables I have been using to tune my 903 Mhz antenna are pretty poor at 900Mhz. Generally, the insertion loss of the cable measures -8 to -10 db and is self resonant at 933Mhz.
Now, I am not saying that all cables are like this but if and when you want to test in the 900Mhz region you might want to run an insertion loss test on your cables before you start.

GL and 73 -- Rick W7RNB

Fred W

Apr 22, 2024, 1:26:01 PMApr 22
to Rick Beatty, PNW Microwave, PNWVHFS