Re: [PNWVHFS] 10GHz Circuit Testing

James Morris

Mar 23, 2024, 2:13:07 PMMar 23
to rfa...@gmail.com, PNW Microwave
I'm in the Seattle area and may be able to help with an SNA which covers 10 GHz. There's a microwave group which meets every 2 weeks, which would be a good place to do this, and others there will have expertise as well as various test gear which might also be of use.

There will be some input RF from the SNA. What is the maximum that would be thought of as 'cold' ?

Also, do you know where to find more of these amps? :)

James W7TXT

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 3:38 PM Brian McCarthy <rfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a project that will involve re-tuning a pair of very high power (300w continuous) KU band TWT's down to the amateur band at 10.368GHz. Al, W5LUA, suggested that I find someone with test gear that could measure the input and output match (S11 & S22) and tune the input and output in a cold condition before applying any drive RF. In other words, a static test with no power or RF applied to the amplifier other than the test equipment.

The amplifiers will be arriving to the Corvallis area in June. I will be in that area in June and July for my daughter's OSU graduation and move out. I am also there to help my parents who also live in Corvallis. I will be back into the northwest in September and will finish with attending MUD 2024 in Vancouver, BC. After MUD, I will be traveling back to Georgia.

I am hoping someone in the PNWVHFS can help me with the tuning of these amplifiers. I would be willing to travel to someone with the equipment if they can help me. If a successful tuning of one or both amplifiers is possible, it would help me launch a really exciting EME rover project.

Volunteers, suggestions or other thoughts?

Thank you!
Brian
NX9O

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Mar 23, 2024, 7:40:28 PMMar 23
to PNW Microwave
I passed your message on to W7PUA who lives in the Corvallis area.  He might be able to help you.  I suggested it would be fun to him to meet you when you are in Corvallis.  He is in Adair Village - very close to Corvallis.