Build day, 26th May

James Morris

May 25, 2024, 1:52:52 PMMay 25
to PNW Microwave
What are people generally working on this weekend? Wondering if there is any specific test equipment I can bring, or if anyone is playing with 24 or 47 GHz gear.

Otherwise, I'm working on a 10 GHz amp and a monitoring circuit, which is about ready for testing.

James W7TXT

Nick Krachmalnick

May 25, 2024, 2:22:59 PMMay 25
to James Morris, PNW Microwave
Hi James,

I plan on bringing 10 GHz for general testing in preparation for interfacing to a Harris amp & 122 GHz (added a new speaker/mic). I am also interested in a MoRFeus device I saw on Crowdsource. I thought that Frank, Konrad & Fred got some of these. Want to also revisit the HF & 6 meter amp filter board question. Not sure if I will bring the tripod & 10/24 GHz dish.

See everyone Sunday AM,

Nick
N0CYT

Fred W

May 25, 2024, 3:43:00 PMMay 25
to Nick Krachmalnick, James Morris, PNW Microwave
So now that I have my 10GHz system working I'm at a loss for what to do. I think I will bring the 122GHz stuff and get back to work on it.

Nick, I will bring my MoRFeus for you to check out.

James, I have 24GHz capability now although I won't be bringing it. I would like to get out and see if it will work farther than across the garage.

If someone has easy 2.3GHz capability, I have a transverter that I haven't tried yet and would like to test it.

n7fw

Nick Krachmalnick

May 25, 2024, 6:28:09 PMMay 25
to PNW VHF Society - Microwave build group
Hi Fred and the group,

I will bring the tri-bander(2304, 3400, 5760 +) along with the other gear and a small Yagi so you can test your transverter. RF output is ~ 100 -200mw./+20 dBm - +23 dBm.

Nick
N0CYT

On Sat, May 25, 2024 at 3:13 PM Nick Krachmalnick <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rod,

I very much appreciate your comments on the MoRFeus device and tinyVNA. I was looking at several of those smaller VNA units. One ending in "Ultra" (may have been a spectrum analyzer and not a VNA now that I think about it) seemed to have the most capability overall to ~ 6 GHz with a larger screen(4.3" I think), but I wish they had included enabling the RF out along the lines of a tracking generator operation. I suppose that was more horse power than the microprocessor could handle along with everything else it is doing.

Thanks again and have a good day,

Nick

On Sat, May 25, 2024 at 1:06 PM Rod Johnson <we...@aol.com> wrote:
Nick,
  I have a MoRFeus also. It is a VERY handy source, but the newest tiny VNA' s probably can do the same signal generation, and provide the graphical interface also, in one package.
  Rod J

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

May 25, 2024, 8:57:34 PMMay 25
to PNW Microwave
Not sure what to bring.  I can bring 2304, 10 GHz and 24 GHz along with 122 GHz.  Someone had mentioned previously needing to program 122 GHz board.  I can bring laptop and cable for that just in case.