WR-90 SMA flange

KR

Sep 24, 2022, 11:24:57 AM9/24/22
to PNW Microwave
All,
I'm starting to shop around to find the plumbing for the 1 meter dish.  I'm using picclick to search through E-Bay and I've run into three different flanges advertised for WR-90 waveguide.

https://picclick.com/WG-137-WR-90-82-124-GHz-Waveguide-to-type-SMA-185524023516.html
https://picclick.com/WG-137-WR-90-82-124-GHz-Waveguide-to-type-SMA-185524023516.html
https://picclick.com/WG-138-WR-90-82-124-GHz-Waveguide-to-type-SMA-185524024281.html

Could someone explain the difference between WG-136, WG-137 and WG-138?

--Konrad,  WA4OSH

Nick Krachmalnick

Sep 24, 2022, 12:01:39 PM9/24/22
to KR, PNW Microwave
Hi Konrad,

The mating flange is different. WG-137 is round and WG-138 is square. The WR-90 (aka X-band) the waveguide dimensions are the same 8.4 - 12.4 GHz.

Frequency Range (GHz)Frequency BandInside Dimensions
8.2 to 12.4X Band0.900 x 0.400 inches

WG-137 round mating flange with an 90  attached:

image.png

WG-138 Square flange

image.png

73's

Nick Krachmalnick

Sep 24, 2022, 12:09:11 PM9/24/22
to KR, PNW Microwave
Hi Again,

Not finding much on WG-136. That may be a pressurized flange type. Don't know.

KR

Sep 24, 2022, 7:20:11 PM9/24/22
to Nick Krachmalnick, PNW Microwave
Nick,
The confusing part is that their picture for all three had the square flange, and not the round and pressurized.  I ordered the WG138 WR-90 to SMA flange in the picture.  I'm going to determine where the focal point of the big dish is and then get a shephards hook or a long piece of wave guide and make U flange for the end out of brass or something like that.

--Konrad, WA4OSH
--
Best,
Konrad