24 GHz

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Jan 1, 2023, 6:11:27 PM1/1/23
to PNW Microwave
I heard a rumor that a member of this group bought W7RNB's 24 GHz.  If you want to bring it to the meeting I can bring mine and we can prove it works from 20 feet away.  Mine has switchable IF frequency - either 432 or 434 Mhz.

Mine is  a collection of parts.  First I have a oven brick oscillator driven by a 4133 synthesizer (in place of a crystal) going into a DB6NT transverter with a mm-Tech 2 W amplifier.  I have a 1 foot dish from W7EME which I used some hobby brass to build a circular sma transition.  I am using a HP relay rated to 26 GHz for TR switching.  Someday perhaps I will put an RX preamp in it.  I think DB6NT quotes about 4 dB NF.

I do have some documentation on the ENDWAVE which I used to have until mine committed suicide.  I think that is what W7RNB was selling.