Yaesu vr-5000 receiver display issues -- a possible fix

Rick Beatty

Nov 23, 2022, 10:29:51 PM11/23/22
to PNWVHFS, PNW Microwave
Hi all -- I read an article on the web about the VR-5000 receiver and fixing the missing display lines. Mine was terrible and I have been looking for a solution. Since there are no replacements for a bad display me raio has set on the shelf for some time.

This article described the same multiple missing lines that I was experiencing.
This person said that he plugged in his radio to12dc and left it run. And the missing display lines began to return. I have had my radio running all day and now all but 1 or 2 lines have returned. He indicated that after three days his display was almost normal.

You might give this a try -- 73 -- Rick W7RNB