Fw: [50mhzandup] Great day on Mt Diablo Sunday

Rod Johnson

May 7, 2024, 7:55:14 PMMay 7
to PNW Microwave
Look at that View!  Probably the entire equivalent ham population of Washington state is in view!
  No wonder they always do so well!
    If I had that sort of horizon to work with, I would be much more likely to be on the u-wave bands.
  Rod J

May 7, 2024, 8:17:16 PMMay 7
to Rod Johnson, PNW Microwave

--Konrad Roeder
konrad...@gmail.com
Cell:  425-444-0595

John Price

May 7, 2024, 8:30:55 PMMay 7
to KR, Rod Johnson, PNW Microwave
I've been to Mt. Diablo. Unfortunately without any ham gear. It truly is an awesome location to see the SF Bay Area to the West. And if you wanted to move your gear to the east side of the viewing area, you had a 'look' down into the Central Valley.
John
N7MWV

May 9, 2024, 4:09:36 PMMay 9
to konrad...@gmail.com, we...@aol.com, pnw-mi...@googlegroups.com

I made my first ever 1,296 MHz QSO from San Ramon  (see aerial photo) as W6BXO, line of sight to K6KLY/6 along with W6YKM and WA6JUD operating multi-op from Mt Diablo in the June  VHF contest of 1976.  I was using a HB varactor tripler from 432 MHz with about 1 watt out with a Microwave Modules receive converter and corner reflector antenna.   It was exciting enough to let  me still remember the details today.

Merle W7YOZ

On Tue, 7 May, 2024 at 5:17 PM, KR <konrad...@gmail.com> wrote:

To: rod johnson
Cc: pnw-mi...@googlegroups.com