An unexpected visitor to Puttenahalli Lake, welcome praise!

Usha Rajagopalan

Feb 26, 2023, 9:07:12 AM2/26/23
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
We are delighted to learn that Mr. Ravish Kumar, the renowned journalist and Magsaysay award winner, had visited our Puttenahalli and Sarakki lakes recently for a story on how Bengaluru is taking care of its lakes. The video went live yesterday and within 24 hours has been viewed by over 3.5 lakh viewers! His report is on the plight of water bodies not just in our city but in the country as a whole. He talks of citizen activism in Bengaluru and talks at length of the many challenges that one has to confront in order to save a water body. Indeed! Ask us about these challenges and obstacles!

While he has not mentioned PNLIT by name, he speaks about how 'chintit' residents in the area have adopted Puttenahalli and are working with the municipality to save and take care of it. Walking around the lake and seeing how it is being maintained seems to have  impressed him enough to invite people coming to the city to visit Puttenahalli (at about 9 min 40 sec) and understand how important lakes are. He goes on to say, "Yeh jheel jo hai aapko sheher mein hone ka maksad deti hai."

Wow! He may not have taken our name but our 'talaab' did the talking with the fountain playing, birds flying all over, ripples in the water and early morning walkers.

Once again, our deepest gratitude to all our many well-wishers, government departments especially BBMP (Lakes), CSR partners, knowledge experts and above all you, our donors and volunteers. Together let us make the lake thrive and grow from strength to strength.

In gratitude,
PNLIT team

--
PNLIT: Breathing Life into a Lake
Puttenahalli Lake from June 2010

Krishnamoorthy N Venkitaraman

Feb 26, 2023, 9:28:16 AM2/26/23
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Incredible work, team. I love going for a run around the lake, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your work, on each run.
The bird sightings are an unexpected gift in the midst of an already pretty environment.

Kudos to all of you, and your tireless efforts.

Lots of gratitude,
Krishna

Krishna
​moorthy​