Event Report of the musical evening organized by PNLIT and South City Karaoke Club on March 13th, 2022

Puttenahalli Lake Events

Mar 14, 2022, 9:04:07 AM3/14/22
to Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT), Digest Recipients
Dear All,

After a two-year long hiatus, our Puttakere came alive with music. We resumed our activities at the lake with a tribute to the legendary Lata Mangeshkar. This event held on yesterday (13th March) had singers from the neighbourhood of Puttenahalli Lake such as South City, Brigade Millennium and V S Cozy Apartments, 24th Main coming together to give a memorable performance.

The event which began with the prayer 'Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum' had the audience humming along with the talented artists who presented Lataji’s evergreen songs in Hindi of course but also in Bengali and Tamil. Rendering in flute by Mr. Bala and Mr. Raghavendra Shanbhag’s whistling added depth and enriched the programme.

While Jayashree Govind and Srinivasan Venkataraman (‘Sawan ka mahina’) transported the audience to the classic Nutan and Sunil Dutt starrer, Preeti Kadni and Harsha Anand sang the melodious ‘Kora kagaz tha ye man mera.’ Jayashree Govind’s narration of how Kamal Hasan got Lata Mangeshkar – SPB’s duet song in his Tamil film made the presentation of 'Valai osai kalakala' by Siva Columbus and Priya Ramakrishnan even more interesting. These duets had South City singers teaming up with co-artists from Brigade Millennium.

‘Sagar kinare’ sung by Renu Sadasivan and S. Vijay and Priya Ramakrishnan’s Bengali song ‘Ja re ud ja re panchhi’ seemed particularly suited to the ambience of the venue with Puttenahalli Lake looking fresh and clean with birds in the water and overhead, the leaves of the trees fluttering in the breeze.

Roli Saraswat introduced the singers with interesting trivia about the composition and sang the classic 'Yeh zindagi usiki hai' beautifully. One of the highlights of the event was a medley of Lata Mangeshkar songs from 1949-2009. A fine selection, well sung by six lady members of the South City Karaoke Club. The finale number 'Ae mere watan ke logo' was not just a truly fitting tribute to the Nightingale of India but a reminder to us all of how much we owe to those brave souls protecting our country and us, the people.

In her brief talk, Usha Rajagopalan from PNLIT thanked the BBMP and BWSSB for rescuing the lake from sewage influx and bringing it to this pristine state. This was made possible by the constant follow-up of the trustees with the government departments. She called upon the 100 odd residents who had come for the event to extend their support to the lake as well. Sapana Rawat welcomed the artists and the audience.

PFA some moments from the event taken by various residents.

(Report inputs provided by Usha Rajagopalan and Vijaya Balasubramanian)

Warmly,
-Sapana
PNLIT Events Coordinator

LMtribute-0.jpg
LMtribute-1.jpg
LMtribute-3.jpg
LMtribute-2.jpg
LMtribute-4.jpg
LMtribute-6.jpg
LMtribute-5.jpg

C Narayanan

Mar 14, 2022, 9:04:28 PM3/14/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com, Digest Recipients
Very nice program
Narayanan

Sent from my iPhone

RAGHAVENDRA SHANBHAG

Mar 15, 2022, 1:26:15 AM3/15/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com, Digest Recipients
It  was a lovely and memorable evening, very well organised by PNLIT  and the South City Karaoke Team. Waiting to have many more events like this.

Thanks to Usha ma'am for giving me an opportunity to perform. Thanks to Jayashri, Sapna,Divya and Vijay for the support.

Regards

Raghavendra Shanbhag

G. Giridhar

Mar 15, 2022, 9:02:47 PM3/15/22
to Southcity_residents, Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT)
Clearly, this has been a super event. Description is so vivid. For those less fortunate ones who missed that opportunity (like myself due to an unavoidable reason), please share if audio recording is available (to my email to avoid excessive mail traffic).
Best regards,
Giri
C-2/1303

--
Visit SUGRUHA website for Community information: http://www.sugruha.in/
---

lpesc...@mimemo.net

Mar 15, 2022, 9:02:55 PM3/15/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

such an impressive, inspiring approach - congrats!

By chance I was listening to a podcast on what brings about real change and motivates (theories vs. pragmatic solutions based on local conditions):

Putting Our Assumptions to the Test
Hidden Brain

Do you ever stop to wonder if the way you see the world is how the world really is? Economist Abhijit Banerjee has spent a lifetime asking himself this question. His answer: Our world views often don't reflect reality. The only way to get more accurate is to think like a scientist — even when you're not looking through a microscope.

https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/hidden-brain/id1028908750?i=1000553209827

Abhijit Banerjee - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org
Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee (pronounced [obʱidʒit bɛnardʒi]; born 21 February 1961) is an Indian-born naturalized American economist who is currently the Ford Foundation International Professor of Economics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Banerjee shared the 2019 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer "for their experimental approach to ...

So reading about your team's approach sounds like an affirmation of this famous Indian scientist's appeal: find out what works, besides obviously, making the benefits work across the usual divisions.

Heartening, wishing all success further!

With warm greetings,
Ludwig (Amsterdam)

Puttenahalli Lake Events

Mar 16, 2022, 2:27:03 AM3/16/22
to Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT), Southcity_residents

Dear All,

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Upon request here is the full video of the event made by Jayshree Govind of SC Karaoke Club, it is 2 hrs 40 mins long!

With our PNLIT events we are constantly striving to bring together our neighhourhood residents to enjoy and support their own neighbourhood lake.
Hope to see many of you in our next event.

Warmly,
-Sapana
PNLIT Events Coordinator
You received this message because you are subscribed to the PNLIT Google Group.
Website - http://www.puttenahallilake.in/
Blog - http://plog.puttenahallilake.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT)" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pnlit/CAP9g_wKYB6F2bEkVdJjWrxv7mpjyw%3DwNq%3DSVwyk_nMOx6chn9A%40mail.gmail.com.