Re: Renew your pledge to Puttenahalli Puttakere - Update

Usha Rajagopalan

Mar 2, 2023, 7:00:39 AM3/2/23
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
It's been a fortnight since we launched our annual donation drive. Normally, the collection is at the highest at the outset and then it tapers. I fervently hope this will not be the case for us because the collection so far is not even one lakh! To be exact, the amount received from Feb. 17th is ₹98,150 as against a target of ₹Ten lakhs.

With great success comes great responsibility. Puttenahalli Puttakere has set such a benchmark that a renowned journalist like Mr. Ravish Kumar chose our lake as one of two locations for his report on Bengaluru water bodies. If you haven't seen the video, please click on this youtube link which went live on 25th Feb. At the time of writing, more than 5.14 lakh viewers have seen it. If only we could convert the number of views into currency, even at just one rupee, we would be well on course to reach our target!

Mr. Ravish Kumar, Magsaysay award winner's report is in Hindi and, given his erudition, at a pretty high level. See the video just for the beautiful visuals of our lake. To maintain this standard, we need your assistance. Please donate generously to Puttakere. The guidelines are in the mail below.

The lake, and we, are counting on you!
Best regards
Usha

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 1:28 PM Usha Rajagopalan <puttenah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Friends,
Come June we will complete 13 years of nurturing Puttenahalli Puttakere! Forgive the puns but in these many years we have weathered many a storm and ridden on the crest of exhilarating waves - all for the sake of our precious lake. You are the reason why we were able to sail through it all. Without your invaluable support - be it with donation or volunteering - Puttakere wouldn't look like this now!

Aerial view 14 Feb 2023.jpg
This beauty is not just from afar but at close quarters too. Our project page in iNaturalist is still being updated but take a look at the biodiversity at the lake. And to think that Puttakere was choking with sewage as recently as 2021!

We are grateful to BWSSB for their preventive measures and to BBMP (Lakes) for repairing and cleaning the lake basin. The prolonged monsoon did the rest. The 'reborn' Puttakere has once again become a safe habitat for birds and insects and is attracting more humans too! Listen to these Comments from a regular visitor.

In order to continue nurturing and protecting the lake, we are happy to launch our donation drive for 2023 - 24. Our requirement for the year is Rs. Ten lakhs. Any amount you give will take us closer to the target. For, "Little drops of water ... Make the mighty ocean."

Donor guidelines and options are given below. For any queries, please email or send a message to 7259722996

Option 1. Scan this QR code:

PNLIT QR Code.jpeg

Direct remittance for Indian Citizens (OCI not included)

Option 2:
Branch name - State Bank of India, RBI Layout, Bangalore 560078

Savings Bank Account no 31209228099 in the name of Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust or PNLIT
IFSC Code: SBIN0004408 - for transfer from accounts within India

Option 3:
Branch name - ICICI Bank, Kothanur Branch (Address: #89, formed by the Wilson Garden House Building Chs Ltd, Kothanur Village, Uttarahalli Hobli, Bangalore 560078)

Savings Bank Account no 185001000156 in the name of Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust
IFSC Code: ICIC0001850 for transfer from accounts within India

Option 4:
Bank transfer from Paytm/ Gpay/ Phonepe by entering this UPI ID: 7259722996@SBI or the Bank details given above in the 'Bank transfer' option.

Option 5:
Cheque favouring 'PNLIT' (no need to spell out in full) may be handed over to us, trustees, or to our loyal gardeners at the lake.

Please inform us of the transaction and send your name and address. Donations are eligible, u/s 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act, for 50% deduction from Taxable income.

Your support means everything to us! Renew your pledge to Puttenahalli Puttakere. Donate to PNLIT.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Usha Rajagopalan
Chairperson
B3, 502, South City

--
PNLIT: Breathing Life into a Lake
Puttenahalli Lake from June 2010

--
PNLIT: Breathing Life into a Lake
Puttenahalli Lake from June 2010

Usha Rajagopalan

Mar 15, 2023, 7:16:02 AM3/15/23
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
It has taken a month to cross the halfway mark in our annual donation drive! Against our target of ₹10 Lakhs, our collection is ₹ 5,37,261. Heartfelt thanks to each of you who helped us reach this figure. A fervent appeal to the others to become champions of Puttenahalli Lake. Its transformation as a little slice of nature at its best was achieved with people's support. Let's keep it this way, now and forever.

Visit the lake. Take pride and pleasure in knowing that you too have a role to play in Puttenahalli lake's evolution as a bird habitat, a healthy ecosystem, so rare in a bustling city. Donate to PNLIT today!

 Scan this QR Code
(Other options are given further below)

PNLIT QR Code.jpeg

Best regards,
Usha

Usha Rajagopalan

Apr 21, 2023, 7:38:37 AM4/21/23
Dear Friends,
In our annual fundraising drive for maintaining and nurturing our neighbourhood lake, we managed to collect a little over ₹8 Lakhs as against our target of ₹10 Lakhs. Our heartfelt thanks to all those who responded to our appeal. Your support strengthens our endeavour.

What this implies to those of you who meant to donate but just didn't get round to it is that you can still write a cheque or transfer the amount to PNLIT! Perhaps to celebrate a special day, remembrance of a dear one, or just a small amount each month? Also open is our invitation to you to visit Puttenahalli Puttakere as often as you can and take delight in its little wonders!

The attached video is as much a message from us at PNLIT as from the lake!

Best wishes
Usha Rajagopalan
Chairperson, PNLIT

Puttakere 13 Mar 2023.mp4