Bioblitz : A closer look at trees, July 8th 9:30 to 11 AM at Puttenahalli Lake, JP Nagar

1 view

Puttenahalli Lake Events

Jul 1, 2023, 2:55:02 AM7/1/23
to Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT), Digest Recipients
Dear All,

The next bioblitz at Puttenahalli Lake, JP Nagar will be conducted on Saturday, 8th July between 9:30 am-11.00 am.

In this version of the program we will get up close with the trees of the lake and find out more than just their names!

What: A bioblitz is a short but intense session in which participants do a biological survey of a particular area and record all the living creatures in that space.

Why: A bioblitz serves two purposes. Over a time period it allows the surveying of the biodiversity in an area. This biodiversity can be documented on a citizen-science platform such as iNaturalist (inaturalist.org) making this information available to all. Second, a bioblitz is a fun way of getting people, particularly children interested in nature and conservation issues. They also learn important skills of observation, identification and documentation.

How: All you need is an interest in nature and a notebook and pencil to record your observations. A camera is also preferred for documentation but not a requirement. We do a slow walk in a particular area of the lake and record all the living creatures we find. These include mosses, herbs, shrubs, trees, flowers, lichen, insects, birds and animals.

Who: Any person who is 13+ years and interested in the natural world can join us for this event. 10+ old kids could also join in provided they are accompanied by an adult. We are taking upto 20 participants only.

By Whom: The session will be led by Kaustubh Rau, a biologist, a naturalist and a PNLIT volunteer.

When and Where: July 8th, 9:30 am - 11.00 am at the Lake gazebo.

Register by filling the form - https://forms.gle/ouD7fvDVtDeetHmAA

This event is free. Do register asap to avoid disappointment!

Thank you,

Sapana Rawat
PNLIT Events Coordinator

Puttenahalli Lake Events

Jul 5, 2023, 10:30:02 PM7/5/23
to Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT), Digest Recipients
Dear All,

We are cancelling our upcoming Bioblitz (July 8th @ 9:30AM) as the biologist Dr. Kaustubh Rau had to go out of town on emergency work and we have not been able to find a suitable person to conduct the session. We will schedule Bioblitz in the near future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sapana Rawat
PNLIT Events Coordinator