Update on PNLIT fund drive

Usha Rajagopalan

Feb 4, 2022, 8:10:01 AM2/4/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friend of Puttenahalli Lake,

In the first week of our annual fund raising drive, your response has been encouraging but we have a long way to go to meet our target of 11 lakhs (recurring expenses and laying pipeline). We have made it easier for you to donate to PNLIT with these options:

Simply scan this QR Code

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 11.23.35.jpeg

Direct remittance:
ICICI Bank, Kothanur Branch (IFSC Code: ICIC0001850) - Savings Bank Account no 185001000156 in the name of Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust

Cheque (in the name of "PNLIT") may be posted to our registered office, address below.

Do remember to email your name, address and PAN. With the receipt you can claim income tax exemption u/s 80G.

Thank you.
Usha Rajagopalan
Chairperson, PNLIT

Regd Office:
B3, 502, South City
Arekere Mico Layout
Off Bannerghatta Road
Bengaluru 560076

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 20.56.12.jpeg
Pic credit: Gardener Ramu, 03/02/2022
--
PNLIT: Breathing Life into a Lake
Puttenahalli Lake from June 2010

Usha Rajagopalan

Mar 3, 2022, 6:08:28 AM3/3/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
In our last email, we had mentioned the two expenses for which we are trying to raise funds. These are Rs. 8,00,000 for maintenance and Rs. 3,00,000 for a new pipeline (since the existing one is root damaged at many places).  Towards this total of Rs.11 lakhs, we have managed to raise a little over Rs. 6.5 lakhs.

We are deeply grateful to those who have contributed towards this amount. We have issued receipts for donations received till 24 Feb. If you didn't get yours, please email the details of your transaction.

A brief note on our projects. The bulk of the maintenance expense goes towards paying the salary of four gardeners who are now trained in removing invasive weeds from the water as well.

17 Jan 2022 (Nupur Jain)
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-03 at 11.26.47.jpeg

Pipeline project: The existing pipeline, an underground one, was laid over 10 years ago by BBMP.  Since then, the trees, shrubs and climbers have grown forming a beautiful canopy.

23 Feb. 2013 (Usha R)
23 Feb 2013 walkway.jpg
24 Oct. 2019 (Dr. S. Subramanya)
475 trees pipeline.jpg

The tree roots have broken the pipe in many places. We plan to lay one above the ground and fit sprinklers. This will save water and our gardeners' time which they can put to good use on other tasks and there are ever so many!

For quick reference, the donor guidelines are repeated below:

1) Scan this QR Code

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 11.23.35.jpeg

Please note: The UPI payment will accept only up to ₹2000/-. For larger amounts please choose "Bank Transfer" as shown below.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 19.40.20.jpeg
2) Direct remittance:
ICICI Bank, Kothanur Branch (IFSC Code: ICIC0001850) - Savings Bank Account no 185001000156 in the name of Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust.

Please don't forget to send your full name, address and PAN for the receipt.

Many thanks,
Usha Rajagopalan

Usha Rajagopalan

Mar 30, 2022, 5:24:27 AM3/30/22
to pn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
We would like to express our deepest gratitude for the support you have extended to our Puttenahalli Puttakere especially in the last two months. We are happy, and relieved, to tell you that your contributions will enable us to meet our lake maintenance expenses for 2022-23 if not to execute the pipeline project.  It would be great if you can get us a CSR grant to do this.

To all - You are welcome to make a contribution to PNLIT at any time. Combine it if you will, with your wedding anniversary or your child's birthday.  What better, more lasting, gift can there be than a tree? We have enough and more (in 76 species!) for you to adopt. A few sample boards are attached. Even otherwise, come over to see the trees (and the birds, the butterflies, terrapin, etc. etc)

With sincere thanks to all.
Best regards
PNLIT team

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 11.23.35.jpeg

Direct remittance:
ICICI Bank, Kothanur Branch (IFSC Code: ICIC0001850) - Savings Bank Account no 185001000156 in the name of Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust

Cheque (in the name of "PNLIT") may be posted to our registered office, address below.

Do remember to email your name, address and PAN. With the receipt you can claim income tax exemption u/s 80G.

Thank you.
Usha Rajagopalan
Chairperson, PNLIT

Regd Office: