Musical evening organized by PNLIT and Sargam on March 11th at Puttenahalli Lake, JP Nagar - Event Report

Puttenahalli Lake Events

Mar 12, 2023, 8:29:04 AM3/12/23
to Digest Recipients, Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT)
Hello All,

A musical afternoon was held yesterday, on 11 March 2023, at the Puttenahalli Lake organized by SARGAM, a group of singing enthusiasts from South City together with the PNLIT. The program held at the Gazebo was a live singing of mostly film songs to Karaoke tracks on the theme of Water bodies and Birds.

With Bala from South City setting the mood and tone with a flute recital, the vocalists followed, enthralling the discerning and appreciative audience which grew bigger as the evening progressed. The 31 singers presented solos and duets in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and English. Considering that all were amateurs, there were many young people who sang really well but the seniors were not outdone either.

As much as the singers were good and kept the audience interested, the ambience made it all even more magical. The atmosphere was friendly and informal and with the beautiful Puttenahalli Lake in the background it was a very enjoyable afternoon. There was a gentle cool breeze blowing across from the West to East right across the lake which made for a very comfortable afternoon indeed. Any apprehension one might have had about sitting out in the open - the mercury is definitely climbing in Bangalore as it would in mid March - was quickly dispelled with the zephyr that very kindly decided to grace the event. SARGAM members and the singers from the neighbouring Brigade Millennium, Adarsh Rhythm and Brigade Palm Spring apartments made the most of the occasion.

Addressing the gathering, PNLIT chairperson Ms. Usha Rajagopalan spoke about how the lake came to be revived and how it had grown with support from the community and assistance from BBMP. In order to hold public events, PNLIT had had the Gazebo modified slightly to open it up as a stage, she said. She  welcomed the idea of using the premises for such community events and urged the gathering to strengthen PNLIT's efforts with nurturing the lake.

On the whole the event turned out to be a very pleasant and enjoyable afternoon for the audience and participants alike. Thanks to PNLIT the lake is now a community asset that provides a home for a variety of flora and fauna along with being a lovely clean lung space for morning walkers and a great venue for community events.

By
V.Srinivasan
Mr V.Srinivasan is a resident of South City and also a member of SARGAM.

Here are some beautiful moments of the event captured by our lake photographer Mr. SK Srinivas -  https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5wd8fiK1zyn9nis9

Attached pictures credits - Ramu ,our lake gardener
March11thMusicalEvening-pic1.jpg
March11thMusicalEvening-pic2.jpg
March11thMusicalEvening-pic3.jpg
March11thMusicalEvening-pic4.jpg

Srinivas Sk

Mar 13, 2023, 6:54:25 AM3/13/23
to Puttenahalli Neighbourhood Lake Improvement Trust (PNLIT)
That was an enjoyable evening. In particular, I liked Preeti Kadni's rendition of 'My heart is beating" from Julie (1975). Took me back to my teen days in Bombay. I also liked Harsha's version of "Opkondbutlu kanla" from Love in Mandya. The other singers were just as good, though. It takes a lot of guts to stand up before a large group of people and perform, especially for an amateur singer. I had a lot fun shooting photos (about 250 of them). Hope you liked my Google album.

I'll be moving to South City in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing more of Sargam.

Cheers ... Srini.