Pneuma Informer - August 2011

Pneuma Foundation

Aug 31, 2011, 2:13:12 PM8/31/11
to Pneuma-...@googlegroups.com

The August 2011 PNEUMA INFORMER

          In this issue

What's New at www.PneumaFoundation.org

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65551

Join us on Facebook

     http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pneuma-Foundation/120599944618303

Reports from Around the World

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65603

     Iran: Persecution Backfires

     Haiti: Voodoo priests come to Christ

     Church of God Celebrates 125 Years

     Arab Spring brings little change, Muslims still seeking

     Zimbabwe: Churches told to support ruling party or expect consequences

     Turkey: Religious communities invited to reclaim state-confiscated properties

     El Salvador: Miracle well yields water

     News and Headlines

     Report the News

Conversations with Readers

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65741

Resources You Can Use

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65756

     Pentecostal Preaching

     Improving Passwords

Excerpts from THE PNEUMA REVIEW

Prayer Requests

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65802

Congratulations

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65818

Condolences

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pi.jsp?pi=/2011/pi_08_2011.xml#N65834

Support the Pneuma Foundation

     http://www.pneumafoundation.org/supporting.jsp

What's New at www.PneumaFoundation.org

New Links and Content Worth Noticing

Join us on Facebook

Add us to your Likes: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pneuma-Foundation/120599944618303

Reports from Around the World

Iran: Persecution Backfires
Regime's antagonism is increasing Christianity's appeal. christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/june/publicenemy.html

Haiti: Voodoo priests come to Christ
There is a revival taking place in northwest Haiti that has grown out of a prayer effort to reclaim the country from voodooism. The group led by Pastor Robert Ulysse committed to pray at every crossroad in the city, and God moved. According to Ulysse, voodoo leaders not only came to watch, but many were saved. Ulysse says some people said they would wait to see if Christians could hold the services at the crossroads without being struck dead. With fear overcome, many gave their hearts to Christ.
Source: Adapted from Mission Network News, 8 August, 2011. Full story: http://www.mnnonline.org/article/16062

Church of God Celebrates 125 Years
Church of God celebrating 125 years (Cleveland, TN) www.charismamag.com/index.php/news/31744-church-of-god-celebrates-125-years
Watch the video "This is the Church of God" charismamag.com/index.php/news/31746-video-this-is-the-church-of-god

Arab Spring brings little change, Muslims still seeking
With a new government in Egypt, an end in sight for Libya civil war, and relative peace elsewhere, the Arab Spring is coming to a close. Yet Fouad Masri, founder of the Crescent Project, says although more freedom is a good thing, "None of these things have changed any laws. Even when you say there was a change of government in Egypt, well, the laws have not changed concerning Christian-Muslim relations." Who knows what change will really come? Still, the Arab Spring has at least spurred questions: "'Is it true that Islam is the only way? Is it true that Islam is the perfect religion? Is it true that Islam solves all the problems? Is it true that the political structure of Islam is the only structure?' And they're finding out it's not true," says Masri. Crescent Project is answering these questions by training believers to tell Muslims in the U.S. about Christ. "Whenever a Muslim becomes a believer in Jesus, now they're shining in their household, with their cousins, with their neighbors, with their countrymen."
Source: Adapted from Mission Network News, 31 August, 2011. Full story: http://www.mnnonline.org/article/16176

Zimbabwe: Churches told to support ruling party or expect consequences
The Mugabe regime, known for violent repressions, is targeting a wide spectrum of congregations. www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/augustweb-only/zimbabweanchurches.html

Turkey: Religious communities invited to reclaim state-confiscated properties
After 75 years, Jewish and Christian communities are invited to reclaim historic religious properties, overturning seizures.
www.compassdirect.org/english/country/turkey/article_116880.html

El Salvador: Miracle well yields water
When a church mission team left El Salvador with no success after several attempts to drill a well, who would have thought that a miracle would happen. After drilling two holes, they left thinking defeated. The national team of Living Water International decided to go back. They drilled even more, without success. On their third attempt, they drilled 70 meters - but still nothing. The villagers then held a worship and prayer time despite the lack of water ... and a miracle occurred: the well filled with water! Pray that many will come to Christ as a result seeing God at work.
Source: Mission Network News, 8 August, 2011. http://www.mnnonline.org/article/16065

News and Headlines
Visit links.jsp for Current News and Links

See other news to pray and praise God about in the Prayer Requests department below.

Report the News
We are looking for stories about what God is doing in the world, reports about the persecution of Christians, and information about significant trends and ministry opportunities. If you have a news item to report, please send an email to the PNEUMA INFORMER. http://www.pneumafoundation.org/contactus.jsp

Conversations with Readers

We love pneumafoundation.org!
I really appreciate your collection of resources on the pneumafoundation.org website, www.pneumafoundation.org/links_study.jsp.
I became interested in analyzing early church documents after I was assigned a research project in the field. While doing said research, I ended up finding a great article here: www.phd-programs-online.net/church-documents, that covers all areas of early church documents. I also came across your site and thought I might pass this link on to you as a thank you for your wonderful resources.
I think adding a link on this page would greatly benefit your readers and your site.
Thanks Again :)
Best Wishes,
Jessie C.

Resources You Can Use

Pentecostal Preaching
Aldwin Ragoonath, a regular contributor to Pneuma Foundation publications, writes to tell us about a new training course available online. "I have completed uploading my lectures on Pentecostal preaching on YouTube. Please share it with others." http://youtu.be/5erTc6NuAI4
Find his channel here: www.youtube.com/user/aldwinragoonath

Improving Passwords
Pneuma Foundation webmaster, Dave Driggs, recently recommended a site that talks about password padding. https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

Excerpts from THE PNEUMA REVIEW

For a full index of the contents of all Pneuma Review issues, visit: http://www.pneumafoundation.org/pr_archive.jsp.

In order to complete this issue of THE PNEUMA INFORMER while it is still August, no excerpts were able to be included.

Prayer Requests

Congratulations

  • Congratulations to Matt and Kris Kottman, who were married on August 13, 2011. The couple have both served as Pneuma Foundation volunteers.

Condolences

  • Rev. Carmine Saginario, former General Overseer of the Christian Church of North America, now known as the International Fellowship of Christian Assemblies, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, August 6th. He was 95 years old.

Support the Pneuma Foundation

The Pneuma Foundation is supported by the generous gifts of its members and friends. If you would be interested learning more about how you can support the Foundation, please visit:

 http://www.pneumafoundation.org/supporting.jsp

Secure online contributions can be made through these reputable organizations:

 - PayPal https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=sendfunds%40pneumafoundation%2eorg

 - JustGive http://www.justgive.org/giving/donate.jsp?charityId=16700
 [If you are giving from somewhere other than N. America or Europe, we recommend using JustGive]

Mention of a ministry or organization in this publication does not mean that the Pneuma Foundation recommends that organization or its resources to you. Mention of an organization or its news or resources is for informational purposes only. Please exercise appropriate wisdom before utilizing resources or otherwise receiving any assistance from an organization mentioned within this publication.