[pmwiki-users] Problem with RequireAuthor

Didier HALATRE

Mar 29, 2012, 1:41:05 PM3/29/12
to pmwiki...@pmichaud.com
Hello,
I have installed the last version 2.2.36
And make the indications of the page :http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor

Add in config.php in local :

$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;

and

# Force author name to match login name
include_once("scripts/authuser.php");
if (@$AuthId) $Author = $AuthId;

I also add :

$DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';

The fisrt time I invoke the wiki, I go in the identification page. I input the name and the password and all is OK but $AuthId is empty.

May be I forget something ?

Thanks by advance
Didier

Mar 29, 2012, 2:08:13 PM3/29/12
to Didier HALATRE, pmwiki...@pmichaud.com
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Didier HALATRE <didier....@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed the last version 2.2.36
> And make the indications of the page
> :http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor
>
> Add in config.php in local :
>
>  $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;
>
> and
>
>    # Force author name to match login name
>    include_once("scripts/authuser.php");
>    if (@$AuthId) $Author = $AuthId;
>
> I also add :
>
> $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';
>
> The fisrt time I invoke the wiki, I go in the identification page. I input
> the name and the password and all is OK but $AuthId is empty.
>
> May be I forget something ?

Probably a silly question, but did you put a user/password in
SiteAdmin.AuthUser?

Didier HALATRE

Mar 29, 2012, 4:41:52 PM3/29/12
to tamouse mailing lists, pmwiki...@pmichaud.com
Le 29/03/2012 20:08, tamouse mailing lists a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Didier HALATRE<didier....@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have installed the last version 2.2.36
>> And make the indications of the page
>> :http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor
>>
>> Add in config.php in local :
>>
>> $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;
>>
>> and
>>
>> # Force author name to match login name
>> include_once("scripts/authuser.php");
>> if (@$AuthId) $Author = $AuthId;
>>
>> I also add :
>>
>> $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';
>> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';
>>
>> The fisrt time I invoke the wiki, I go in the identification page. I input
>> the name and the password and all is OK but $AuthId is empty.
>>
>> May be I forget something ?
>
> Probably a silly question, but did you put a user/password in
> SiteAdmin.AuthUser?
Hello,
In the documentation, it's in Site.AuthUser.
I try with SiteAdmin.AuthUser and there is the same result.

The login is OK. But the $AuthId is empty :-(

Didier

$AuthId is empty.

tamouse mailing lists

Mar 29, 2012, 5:45:30 PM3/29/12
to Didier HALATRE, pmwiki...@pmichaud.com

Then that documentation is incorrect. Is it on a page on the pmwiki
site? Or the local documentation that came with your installation? Can
you tell me which page it says Site.AuthUser?

Now, why, $AuthId is empty is still a mystery....

By any chance, is your user's password the same as one of the
passwords you set in config.php? For example, if a user's password in
SiteAdmin.AuthUser is the same as, say, the admin password set in
$DefaultPasswords['admin'], the latter takes precedence and you don't
get an $AuthId set in that case.

I share your pain with learning the Authorization system. Someone
wrote http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser and
then everything became a lot clearer to me.

Petko Yotov

Mar 30, 2012, 5:04:14 AM3/30/12
to pmwiki...@pmichaud.com
On Thursday 29 March 2012 22:41:52 Didier HALATRE wrote:
> Le 29/03/2012 20:08, tamouse mailing lists a écrit :
> > On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Didier HALATRE<didier....@free.fr>
> >> Hello,
> >> I have installed the last version 2.2.36

> In the documentation, it's in Site.AuthUser.
> I try with SiteAdmin.AuthUser and there is the same result.

The documentation you're looking at is outdated, in 2.2.x, the page is indeed
SiteAdmin.AuthUser (unless you have configured it to be elsewhere). Where is
this documentation? We may have forgotten to update it.

> The login is OK. But the $AuthId is empty :-(

What is your user: password line in SiteAdmin.AuthUser ? Does look like :

Didier: $1$YTJui2ZN$TMYMiWH3SNo84LJ72ZZ2E

Your admin password or some other passwords set in $DefaultPasswords may allow
you to login without the need to enter a username. In that case, none of these
passwords (for non-username, password only login) should be the same as the
user passwords defined in SiteAdmin.AuthUser.

And, remember to log out of the administrator account before login as a user -
because PmWiki allows to be logged in as both at the same time, but this might
mess with the $AuthId variable.

Last thing I can think of now is the order of lines in config.php. The
inclusion of scripts/authuser.php should be quite early in config.php, before
most other recipes.

Petko

didier....@free.fr

Mar 30, 2012, 6:48:55 AM3/30/12
to Petko Yotov, pmwiki...@pmichaud.com
>> In the documentation, it's in Site.AuthUser.
>> I try with SiteAdmin.AuthUser and there is the same result.
>
> The documentation you're looking at is outdated, in 2.2.x, the page is indeed
> SiteAdmin.AuthUser (unless you have configured it to be elsewhere). Where is
> this documentation? We may have forgotten to update it.

It is in the french documentation and as I'm French... ;-)
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/AuthUser
The english doc is OK.

>> The login is OK. But the $AuthId is empty :-(
>
> What is your user: password line in SiteAdmin.AuthUser ? Does look like :
>
> Didier: $1$YTJui2ZN$TMYMiWH3SNo84LJ72ZZ2E

Yesterday, when I have updated the good page, I forget the ":" between the name and the password.
Now all is OK. The $AuthId have the good value (and $Author also).

Many Thanks to you and tamouse
Didier