Brand-new version of PMW

Philip Hazel

Nov 28, 2021, 4:27:09 AM11/28/21
to PMW_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm sending this to a few people I know of who have used PMW fairly recently, and also to the PMW_Music Google group, which I had forgotten about, but recently rediscovered. There is a brand-new version of PMW - 5.00 - which I have been revising heavily for the last several months. It cleans up some of the code and adds a few new features, perhaps the most important of which are first-class support for half accidentals and custom key signatures, and automatic numbering of repeated bars. Although it passes all the tests I have thrown at it, I would not be surprised to find that nevertheless I have broken something, so please treat with a bit of caution until you have tried it out. There are a few (minor I hope) incompatibilities - see the README file and chapter 11 of the manual.

I have now created a GItHub project for PMW, and you can download the 5.00 tarball from here:

That link is also given via my website at quercite.dx.am.

All feedback welcome!

Regards,
Philip