Passed PMP exam yesterday

Srini

Jun 10, 2013, 10:00:27 PM6/10/13
to pmp_bang
All,

I just cleared the exam yesterday. It was not easy though and I guess I just made it in the last 125 questions. The first 75 questions were full of long sentences and scenario.

My primary study material was PMBOK Guide along with our notes from KnowledgeWoods and MindMap for revision. I chanced to glance through Rita's book couple of days before the exam and found that it is very helpful for all the tips and tricks and how to approach the exam. For those who are going to appear for the exam soon, I suggest that it is really worth using Rita's book to learn the "Tricks of the Trade" for each chapter and the last chapter about how to approach the exam.

I also had memorized all the formulas and did a brain dump of it along with the process chart in about 12 minutes on the sheets of paper I got from prometric. We get 15 minutes time for tutorial which can be utilized for this brain dump. I utilized my remaining 3 minutes on the tutorial to get used to the Calculator and Review/Marking navigation.

I got more than 15 mathematical questions (about 10 questions on EVA itself). There were 3 questions network diagrams asking to find out lag, lead and duration. One of the EAC formula questions was based on "atypical variance" and luckily I had all the 4 EAC formulas brain dumped on the paper.

The number of formula questions, network diagram or lengthy sentences purely depend on the set of 200 questions that gets downloaded randomly for every candidate at the time of exam, but be prepared.

All the best to those who are in line next.

Cheers,
Srini

Mr P.V.K.Sharma

Jun 10, 2013, 11:38:42 PM6/10/13
to pmp_bang, Srini
Congrats Srini,

Great work acomplished !! thanks a lot for the good points you have shared..

Best Regards,

Sharma

Ramprasad Acharya

Aug 25, 2013, 9:21:14 AM8/25/13
to Srini, pmp_bang
Folks - Hope all of you are doing good. Congrats to all those who cleared their PMP test!!

 I needed your help. I am actively looking out for a change in my profile. I have resigned from my current org. Hence, I would appreciate if you could please forward my profile in your current org, if there are any suitable openings. I have attached my updated profile for you to take it further.

I am looking out for a Project/Program Manager, QA Manager or Scrum Master types of roles.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance! Please keep posted.

Regards,

-Ram Acharya