Re: PMP(R) Exam Prep 7th Edition - Rita Mulcahy.PDF (pmp_bang@googlegroups.com)

venki

Mar 25, 2013, 4:19:26ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to pmp_...@googlegroups.com
hi guys

howz monday in office after the training, i and pavan are recollecting the answers :))

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Venkatesh halasipuram (Google Drive) <venk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've shared an item with you.
Google Drive: create, share and keep all of your stuff in one place. Logo for Google Drive

--
venki

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 25, 2013, 4:59:48ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com

I Just payed my PMP membership fee. :-)
Now I have to start putting my experience in that excel sheet

Rishi Agarwal

Mar 25, 2013, 8:54:36ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hey nice Prashanth. A good start after the classroom sessions.
It is quite a good feeling that we have got the formal PMP education. Now we need to materialize it well.
I will soonĀ become the membership of PMI and do the application process.
All the very best to all :)
Regards,
Rishi

venki

Mar 25, 2013, 9:46:10ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Guys i have removed the Rita's Article intentionally, so that we all follow PM BOK Docs

venki

Pavan Kumar

Mar 25, 2013, 10:20:27ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Way to go venki!!... thats the right thing to do according to PMPBOK standards.. :)

I paid a bomb to buy that book and i don't think i'm going to use it because its got a different process chart than what is described in PMPBOK. The slides that is there in the KW handbook is closest to the PMBOK (at least for the first couple of chapters)

Thanks
Pavan

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 25, 2013, 10:41:05ā€ÆAM3/25/13
to sasikiran boddapati, pmp_...@googlegroups.com

Don't think anyone has coupon codes :-)

On 25 Mar 2013 16:32, "sasikiran boddapati" <sasik...@yahoo.com> wrote:
When I am trying to make the payment for PMI membership fee, there is a provision for coupon code to get some discount. Any one aware of the promo codes? please share... all of us can save some $$$

Mar 25, 2013, 8:39:52ā€ÆPM3/25/13
to Pavan Kumar, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi allĀ

Back after a break .....Just started preparing according to the plans discussed in the classroom on Sunday. 2 processes a day ...Ā

CheersĀ
Govind

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 26, 2013, 3:12:17ā€ÆAM3/26/13
to Govind, pmp_...@googlegroups.com

Good to see someone is working as per plans. I am lagging little.
I haven't yet sent the excel sheet to knowledgewoods. Anyone did that in our team?

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 26, 2013, 6:24:31ā€ÆAM3/26/13
to Srini, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Govind

Cool.. I will try to send it by tonight

On 26 Mar 2013 14:00, "Srini" <rch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I filled the excel sheet on Monday, sent it to support@knowledgewoods for validation, they checked and responded back to me promptly on the same day. I have also submitted my application now.

Cheers,
Srini

Mar 27, 2013, 12:50:36ā€ÆAM3/27/13
to Prashanth Sharma, Srini, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Govind
All,

FYI..

Address of the prometric test center:

PROMETRIC TESTING PVT LTD
C/o ALCHEMY SOLUTIONS, No 13, GURU KIRPA
BANGALORE, IND 560071

Does any one know where is this address?

Following are the dates available for the Apr and May months at the prometric center:

Apr 2, 5, 9, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26
May 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

I have already paid my exam fee... need to schedule it now.. not able to decide which dates to go for :(

Further when I paid my PMI membership fee, they have sent me the link for PMBOK 5th edition :( and not the 4th edition. As per ethics of PMP, what should i do ;)Ā

Regards,
Sasikiran
--
"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."
SAsikiraN

Pavan Kumar

Mar 27, 2013, 1:34:54ā€ÆAM3/27/13
to Sasikiran Boddapati, Prashanth Sharma, Srini, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Govind
I was looking for the Prometric centre as well. Looks like it was in Jayanagar till a few days , but its now shifted to domlur.

have a look at this link

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 27, 2013, 1:59:11ā€ÆAM3/27/13
to Sasikiran Boddapati, Srini, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Govind
Hi Sasi,

In your PMI account, you will see resources links. There you can find the link to PMbok Version 4 also. Please check again. Thanks for sharing prometric center details

Regards,
Prashanth

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Sasikiran Boddapati <sasikiran...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Regards

Prashanth

Amiya Patel

Mar 27, 2013, 10:17:54ā€ÆPM3/27/13
to Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing good. I was looking into the excel sheet provided by Knowledge Woods for hrs calculation and its asking us to add only 70% of the actual hrs spent....Any idea why they are asking about 70% onlyĀ  and Is it a good idea ?

Cheers,
Amiya

Rishi Agarwal

Mar 28, 2013, 12:11:33ā€ÆAM3/28/13
to Amiya Patel, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amiya,
To be frank, even i dont know. It might be that only 70% of your total time goes into project management activities and rest is for something else.
However, even i have filled up the excel and sending to Siby for review.
Regards,
Rishi

Sasikiran Boddapati

Mar 28, 2013, 12:23:13ā€ÆAM3/28/13
to Rishi Agarwal, Amiya Patel, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
just my opinion on this...When I submitted my application to PMI, I have considered 100% of the hours only and my application was accepted.

Mr P.V.K.Sharma

Mar 28, 2013, 1:37:28ā€ÆAM3/28/13
to Amiya Patel, Rishi Agarwal, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,
It is good to see you guys are already on the kill, All the very best...am looking for some date in second or Third week of May and yet to become PMI Member...Thanks for the Center address and dates, hope our paths cross very shortly.
Regards,
PVK Sharma

Suresh Ananthasubramanian

Mar 28, 2013, 10:22:46ā€ÆAM3/28/13
to Mr P.V.K.Sharma, Amiya Patel, Rishi Agarwal, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com

the booklet kinda which knowledge woods have given is superb. just go through it, understand and memorize a bit. and its done. It will really really help you in many ways.

Rest will be a piece of cake. You will understand each and everything easily. I am talking about the white printed sheets with process groups and knowledge areas chart with

inputs and outputs. Mark the unique outputs and inputs and the common ones which will really help you remember for exam as well as for the knowledge purpose. Don't dive

into the subject immediately. Go through it completely and jump later once its done 100%.

Mar 31, 2013, 12:23:51ā€ÆAM3/31/13
to pmp_...@googlegroups.com
I received confirmation from PMI this morning that my application has been accepted. I have now paid for the examination online and booked a date as well for May 07th. My countdown (and preparation as well..) starts now!

Cheers,
Srini

Sasikiran Boddapati

Mar 31, 2013, 1:35:10ā€ÆAM3/31/13
to Srini, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Srini,

My exam date is also scheduled for May 7th 8 AM slot :)

Regards,
Sasikiran

Rishi Agarwal

Mar 31, 2013, 1:48:03ā€ÆAM3/31/13
to Sasikiran Boddapati, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini

Awesome congrats to both of you. I shall start now to avoid any delay

Regards
Rishi

Prashanth Sharma

Mar 31, 2013, 1:51:19ā€ÆAM3/31/13
to Rishi Agarwal, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati

Cool ... I m yet to hear from knowledgewood on the excel sheet..

Faiz al

Apr 4, 2013, 8:31:08ā€ÆAM4/4/13
to Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati
All the very best Dude. :)

Rishi Agarwal

Apr 4, 2013, 10:05:19ā€ÆAM4/4/13
to Faiz al, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati
These Knowledgewoods Guys are taking there own sweet time to reply to the excel sheet.
After reminding them, I got the mail today.
Others who are waiting for their reply, please remind them to get it soon.
Regards,
Rishi

venki

Apr 4, 2013, 2:59:29ā€ÆPM4/4/13
to Rishi Agarwal, Faiz al, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati
i submitted today and i will wait till i can tolerate else i will directly submit to PMI, you guys can suggest whether is it a good thing or not
--
venki

Ramprasad Acharya

Apr 5, 2013, 12:28:38ā€ÆAM4/5/13
to venki, Rishi Agarwal, Faiz al, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati
I submitted my verification form to vid...@knowledgewoods.com Ā and got the response within 24 hours. Please try this and it should work. Also, let her know that it's urgent as you need to take the exam at the earliest.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

-Ram

Amiya Patel

Apr 5, 2013, 1:20:04ā€ÆAM4/5/13
to Ramprasad Acharya, venki, Rishi Agarwal, Faiz al, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com, Srini, Sasikiran Boddapati
You can call them as well...I called them and got faster response.

Prashanth Sharma

Apr 5, 2013, 1:46:07ā€ÆAM4/5/13
to pmp_...@googlegroups.com

I have submitted my application in PMI website. Now waiting 4 the approval mail... fingers crossed :-)

Regards,
Prashanth

Arun Aroume

Apr 15, 2013, 11:25:42ā€ÆAM4/15/13
to Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys!

Submitted my form successfully, received confirmation from PMI to Proceed, Paid up my Exam Fees and booked that dreaded Encounter spot (Prometric Center) on May 15th, 2013 at 12:30 PM...

My Countdown to Freedom Begins ;)

Trust me its a great boon to have seen all your mails, throwing light on form filling, validation and your experiences etc... Keep up the thread...

Regards,
Arun

Ganesh N

Apr 15, 2013, 11:17:02ā€ÆPM4/15/13
to Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Arun,mine is also on May 15th..same time..willl see you there..

Prashanth Sharma

Apr 16, 2013, 12:12:27ā€ÆAM4/16/13
to Arun Aroume, pmp_...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations arun and all the best... my application has been accepted too... but I was not able to decide upon the exam date. After hearing u, i m getting little confidence and will book some slot may be same time..

venki

Apr 16, 2013, 1:43:36ā€ÆAM4/16/13
to Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
hey Arun and prashanth

Advance CongratsĀ

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Arun Aroume <arun....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
venki

Rishi Agarwal

Apr 16, 2013, 2:21:40ā€ÆAM4/16/13
to venki, Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Arun and Prashanth.
I have submitted my application. Yet to be approved/rejected/Audited. Fingers crossed X
Regards,
Rishi

Prashanth Sharma

Apr 17, 2013, 10:22:25ā€ÆPM4/17/13
to Rishi Agarwal, venki, Arun Aroume, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Dear All....Ā

Do any one of you know where is this prometric center located? is it in Jayanagar?

8918: BANGALORE, 8918 INDIA
PROMETRIC TESTING PVT LTD
C/o ALCHEMY SOLUTIONS, No 13, GURU KIRPA
BANGALORE, IND 560071

The map shows Jayanagar 3rd block. But the directions given points to somewhere in Domlur

Directions
From Bangalore City Bus Stand or Railway station travel towards Old Airport Road .After reaching Domlur Main Bus Stand take a right towards Domlur Layout and reach the Road end point and take a Left Turn and First right after Camo Software services to reach Alchemy Solutions.

I thought of scheduling the exam date to 24th May. But the only the 8AM slot available.

--
Regards

Prashanth

Arun Aroume

Apr 18, 2013, 2:04:19ā€ÆPM4/18/13
to Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prashanth,

The center is in Domlur , short of the Domlur flyover

Note that this was in Jayanagar before but moved there very recently

Regards,
Arun Aroume
080-6633-6017

Amiya Patel

Apr 24, 2013, 1:26:49ā€ÆPM4/24/13
to Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Any news on PMP Certification ? I appeared & cleared the exam yesterday.
All the best to every one !!!

Regards,
Amiya Patel.

venki

Apr 24, 2013, 10:40:39ā€ÆPM4/24/13
to Amiya Patel, Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats and u r the first one to clear, great going

thanks
venki
--
venki

Jo

Apr 24, 2013, 11:47:11ā€ÆPM4/24/13
to Amiya Patel, Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Amiya... Thats awesome!!
--
Regards
Jyoti Sonar

Amiya Patel

Apr 25, 2013, 12:58:49ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Jo, Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
thanks !!!

Faiz al

Apr 25, 2013, 1:31:39ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Amiya Patel, Jo, Arun Aroume, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Amiya.... thats a good news.
Any tips .... !!!

Arun Aroume

Apr 25, 2013, 5:10:50ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Heartiest Felicitations Amiya!!! This is really awesome!
You the PMP Dude for the next 3 years now!
Regards,
Arun

Govind

Apr 25, 2013, 7:44:58ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, Rishi Agarwal, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Amiya.....

You are a source of inspiration for people like me to just take the exam soon.....

Cheers

Govind

Rishi Agarwal

Apr 25, 2013, 8:10:48ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Govind, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Amiya.
I just realized that my PMP application has been accepted and I will soon book the exam date to complete the certification.
Regards,
Rishi

Faiz al

Apr 25, 2013, 11:31:33ā€ÆAM4/25/13
to Rishi Agarwal, Govind, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Amiya, Thanks for your tips... :) :) :) :) :)

Ramprasad Acharya

May 12, 2013, 12:40:24ā€ÆPM5/12/13
to Faiz al, Rishi Agarwal, Govind, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Guys - Cleared PMP exam on 9th....can't be more relieved!

Good Luck to the rest of gang...

-Ram

Rishi Agarwal

May 12, 2013, 1:41:09ā€ÆPM5/12/13
to Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Govind, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Hey Congrats Ram :)
--Rishi

Govind

May 12, 2013, 11:55:10ā€ÆPM5/12/13
to Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Congrats RAM.... great going.. .

CheersĀ

Ganesh N

May 13, 2013, 1:04:38ā€ÆAM5/13/13
to Govind, Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
folks.. i have may 15th @ 1230 slot.. battle lines areĀ drawn.. will post once I survive the encounter :)
Ganesh

Suresh Ananthasubramanian

May 13, 2013, 1:09:35ā€ÆAM5/13/13
to Ganesh N, Govind, Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
is that 2000 questions link still available?

May 13, 2013, 3:29:23ā€ÆAM5/13/13
to Ganesh N, Govind, Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
May the force be with you!!

Regards,
Arun Aroume
080-6633-6017

Ganesh N

May 13, 2013, 8:55:23ā€ÆAM5/13/13
to Arun Aroume, Govind, Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
thanks.

Ganesh N

May 15, 2013, 8:04:56ā€ÆAM5/15/13
to Govind, Rishi Agarwal, Ramprasad Acharya, Faiz al, Arun Aroume, Amiya Patel, Jo, Prashanth Sharma, venki, pmp_...@googlegroups.com
Folks..not good news from myside..questions were very wordy, long
questions..just finished ontime. EMV questions were only 5. Lot of
questions are scenario based. All the best for others