Updates to the Tokyo Historiographical Glossary of Japanese HIstorical Terms

Nadia Kanagawa

Oct 22, 2022, 12:35:27 PM10/22/22
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm writing on behalf of a team that has secured funding from the Tokyo Historiographical Institute to revive the Online Glossary of Japanese Historical Terms. Horikawa Yasufumi has been leading the efforts to update the glossary, and he is also working with developers to relaunch the site with a new interface and features. We are excited to share them with you all soon.

Right now, we would like to ask for your help in identifying texts that we should add to the database. Ideally, these texts should include a glossary, although we are also keeping a list of publications that include character indices. Submissions of work in all languages are welcome, and please don't hesitate to submit your own work:

We will not add any of the recommended publications without the author's permission.

For those looking for the former glossary, it is offline for now, but the data is accessible via the following links:

Thank you!

Nadia Kanagawa, PhD
James B. Duke Assistant Professor, Asian Studies & History
Furman University