Call for Papers: 45th International Conference on Japanese Literature (ICJL) [NIJL]

ノット ジェフリー

Oct 20, 2021, 7:00:15 AM10/20/21
to pm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings! It is my pleasure to announce the Call for Papers for

this year's 45th International Conference on Japanese Literature (ICJL)--

第45 回国際日本文学研究集会--to be hosted May 14th-15th, 2022,

by the National Institute of Japanese Literature (NIJL).
(NOTE: In light of the continuing COVID situation, the conference

will be fully online.)

This year's conference (like last year’s 44th) differs from previous years’

in several significant ways:
  (1) DATE: Starting from 2021, the conference has been moved, to be

      held no longer in November, but in *May*.

  (2) FORMAT*: Either [A] individual research presentations (20-25min),

      or [B] poster-centered information sessions.

(*Both options in Japanese. )

  (3) PUBLICATION: Post-conference, presenters may submit their research

      in article form for possible *publication* (pending review) in one of NIJL's

      own journals, either in [A] 『国文学研究資料館紀要』 (J),

      or in [B] “Studies in Japanese Literature and Culture” (E).

----------
DEADLINE: The application deadline is November 22nd, 2021.

   All application forms (pdf) are attached below.

SUBMISSION: Applications may be sent electronically (recommended),

   faxed, or posted.

RESULTS: Notifications of acceptance will be emailed early February 2022.
----------

We would like to stress that the ICJL conference is especially welcoming
of junior scholars and graduate students. In 44 years of conferences to
date, many participants have found that ICJL offered not only a formative
introduction to the world of Japanese academia, but also a chance

to receive feedback from recognized experts in their fields. We are particularly

excited to offer, again this year, an opportunity post-conference to seek

publication of one's research in article form, through submission for review

by one of NIJL's own academic journals (with both English and Japanese options).

And while traditionally the conference has been held onsite at NIJL in Tachikawa,

Tokyo, we hope that again this year many will take advantage of the unique

opportunity afforded by ICJL being held fully online.

CONTACT:
Fuller details, and application forms for download, may be found on the
NIJL homepage:
https://www.nijl.ac.jp/activity/International/conference/post_62.html

Or inquire at:
National Institute of Japanese Literature,

10-3 Midori-cho, Tachikawa-shi, Tokyo 190-0014
Tel: +81-50-5533-2911
Fax: +81-42-526-8604
Mail: ic...@nijl.ac.jp

Finally, please feel free to send me any questions you may have off-list to

knott....@nijl.ac.jp

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Knott
Assistant Professor
National Institute of Japanese Literature

Application Form (1 of 2) - Info.pdf
Application Form (2 of 2) - Abstract.pdf
Call for Papers - ICJL 2022 (Outline).pdf