Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Mikael Bauer, Dr.

da leggere,
12 ago 2021, 19:18:5612/08/21
a pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

a former colleague of mine at the university of Leeds is working on the history of beekeeping in Chinese history, and he was hoping to include a piece on beekeeping, production of honey etc. in Japanese pre-modern history for an upcoming conference and volume.

I have no idea about this, but I was hoping some of you might know who works on this topic. He is particularly interested in beekeeping at shrines and monasteries.

You can contact me on or off list and I can pass on the information.
Best,
Mikael Bauer

Mikael Bauer

Assistant Professor of Japanese Religions (Buddhism), School of Religious Studies

Associate Member Department of East Asian Studies

McGill University

Birks Building 004

3520 rue University

Montreal, QC H3A 2A7

Canada

514-398-8318

Publications:

https://amzn.to/2ylY3sy

GUELBERG Niels

da leggere,
13 ago 2021, 13:22:4813/08/21
a pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mikael,

I do not know about beekeeping at the monasteries I worked on, but honey was used in Kanpou as medicine and you have it already in the Engishiki.

The old Koji ruien may be the best source on beekeeping, especially the description in the volume on animals. Kii and Kumano were famous for the best honey, so there may also be some materials at the Kumano Shrine.

Niels