Kagoshima ken shiryo now freely available in PDF online

Travis Seifman

Feb 21, 2023, 1:50:55 AM2/21/23
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

I came across this article today from the 南日本新聞, reporting that some 77 of the 104 published volumes of the 鹿児島県史料 are now available online, freely downloadable, as PDFS.

Here's the news article:
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/a5540e25667dda4a1558928ad6c1f3e994555d65

And here's the link to download the files:
https://www.library.pref.kagoshima.jp/honkan/p25283

With apologies for looking a gift horse in the mouth, some are, unfortunately, not the highest-quality scans one might hope for, and I believe none are OCR'ed, and are therefore not text-searchable. But, it's still a hell of a lot better than nothing. A very nice development, especially I am sure for those without easy institutional access to the physical volumes. Here's hoping this trend continues, and we can see more Kenshi and Kenshiryô volumes become more easily, more extensively, available online.

In the meantime,
All my best,

Travis Seifman
Project Researcher
University of Tokyo Historiographical Institute

Travis Seifman

Feb 22, 2023, 1:43:37 AM2/22/23
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

My sincere apologies - it has been pointed out to me that the link I provided in my previous email is not for the 鹿児島県史料 compiled by the Reimeikan and published by the prefecture, but rather for the 鹿児島県史料集 published by the prefectural library next door to the Reimeikan.

The correct link for the PDFs of the 鹿児島県史料 is this: http://www.pref.kagoshima.jp/ab23/reimeikan/siroyu/kensi.html

Very glad to see these made so easily available.

Cheers,
Travis