Japan Review Early Access articles

Edward Boyle

Jul 15, 2024, 3:10:06 AM (8 days ago) Jul 15
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Just to announce that the latest round of Early Access articles from Japan Review is now available Open Access through Nichibunken.

This month’s tranche features Bernhard SCHEID’s Introduction and article for our latest Special Section examining Domain Shinto in Early Modern Japan, together with Yoshikuni IGARASHI’s piercing examination of the Hiroshima photography of Ishiuchi Miyako.

Bernhard SCHEID, “Introduction: Domain Shinto in Tokugawa Japan”
https://doi.org/10.15055/0002000227

Bernhard SCHEID, “Domain Shinto as a Testing Ground of Early Modern Shinto”
https://doi.org/10.15055/0002000225

Yoshikuni IGARASHI, “Are We Allowed to Find Beauty in the Face of Death and Destruction? Ishiuchi Miyako’s Hiroshima and Postwar Japan”
https://doi.org/10.15055/0002000226

Over the next couple of months, further articles from INOUE Tomokatsu, Stefan KÖCK, and Brigitte PICKL-KOLACZIA will round out the Special Section, while Beth M. CARTER will examine the Suma chapter in the Tale of Genji and demonstrate the power of private poetry in the Heian period.

Check back at https://www.nichibun.ac.jp/en/publications/data/jare/ for further updates.

Japan Review is a peer-reviewed and fully Open Access journal indexed by SCOPUS and Web of Science. Volume 39 will be published in December 2024.

Have a great summer everyone!

Best wishes,

Ted

--
Edward Boyle
International Research Center for Japanese Studies, Kyoto

Recent Publications:
Heritage, Contested Sites, and Borders of Memory in the Asia Pacific (Brill 2023, w. Steven Ivings). Introduction available Open Access at https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004512986_002
Geo-Politics in Northeast Asia (Routledge 2022, w. Akihiro Iwashita and Yong-Chool Ha). Now in Paperback! Open Access at https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003288039