Premodern Japan papers/panels at AAS 2023

Paula R. Curtis

Feb 28, 2023, 10:53:33 AM2/28/23
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

With AAS soon upon us, this year I have once again compiled all of the premodern Japan-related papers/panels into one convenient list. In case you want to bookmark them in your online programs, this year I have also included the links to each panel so you can jump directly to the AAS website.

Apologies in advance if I have missed a presentation! There was quite a lot to get through. I have left the comment function on on the Google doc so that you may add something I may have accidentally overlooked.

See many of you in Boston,

Paula

--
Paula R. Curtis
Yanai Initiative Postdoctoral Fellow and Lecturer

Laura Moretti

Mar 3, 2023, 10:25:33 AM3/3/23
to pm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Paula,

As always you are amazingly helpful. Thank you so much for this.

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston.

Warm wishes,
Laura

---  ---  ---

Prof Laura Moretti   BA, MA(Cantab), PhD

ラウラ・モレッティ教授
Professor of Early Modern Japanese Literature and Culture
Director of Postgraduate Studies (AMES)
University of Cambridge, Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies

Emmanuel College
Fellow & Director of Studies (AMES)

Recent publications

Pleasure in Profit. Popular Prose in Seventeenth-Century Japan. New York: Columbia University Press, 2020. Named a 2021 Choice Outstanding Academic Title; shortlisted for the 2021 DeLong Book History Prize.

"The Ise monogatari in Eighteenth-Century Kibyōshi," 255–302. In  Joshua S. Mostow, Tokurō Yamamoto, and Kurtis Hanlon (eds.), An Ise monogatari Reader (Brill, 2021).

Adaptation as a Strategy for Participation: The Chikusai Storyworld in Early Modern Japanese LiteratureJapanese Language and Literature, 54/1 (March 2020): 67-113.

Recasting the Past: An Early Modern Tales of Ise for Children. Leiden: Brill, 2016.

Other activities

Summer School in Japanese Early-modern Palaeography

YouTube page Japanese Early Modern Palaeography