Apply for ArcGIS access through Art Research Center

Travis Seifman

Jun 19, 2024, 4:03:55 AMJun 19
to pm...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

The Art Research Center (ARC) at Ritsumeikan University is now able to offer access to ArcGIS Online to our affiliated researchers.

If you have a project related to Japanese history or culture that would benefit from
 the use of this web-based mapping software, either for research or for educational purposes (e.g. to build interactive maps to show in class, or to do interactive mapping projects together with your students), we have a simple application process and would welcome your application.

Please see here for more information on our provision of ArcGIS access:
https://www.arc.ritsumei.ac.jp/e/news/pc/020826.html

We also offer a number of other digital resources, including the use of our in-house database system, transcription and annotation tools, AI Kuzushiji deciphering tools, and cloud storage.

For more information on application and affiliation as a Project Leader through the International Joint Digital Archiving Center for Japanese Art and Culture (ARC-iJAC), please see here: https://www.arc.ritsumei.ac.jp/e/ijac/

Please feel free to reach out to me (sei...@fc.ritsumei.ac.jpor the administrative office of the ARC (r-d...@st.ritsumei.ac.jp) with any questions about the application for an ArcGIS Online account, affiliation, and resources.

Thanks very much.

Travis Seifman

Art Research Center

Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto