XPoint capacity to surpass DRAM by 2030....

SeanW

Sep 15, 2021, 5:07:13 AM9/15/21
to pmem
Interesting view...

Hoping some of this finds its way into the hyperscalers for shared IAAS instances (or even CAAS) with pmem in appdirect mode soon!

This is one of our main challenges as building native PMDK apps on appdirect means we don't have a public cloud support story at the moment.

Wei Wang

Sep 15, 2021, 5:17:48 AM9/15/21
to SeanW, pmem
Not an Azure user, but found Azure instances with pmem, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/workloads/sap/hana-available-skus

SeanW

Sep 15, 2021, 5:45:09 AM9/15/21
to pmem
Unfortunately they are large bare metal instances designed specifically for HANA. The smallest is 112 cores with 3TB of Optane pmem. Only available for min 12 months @ $39/hr (or $340,782 per year).

SeanW

Sep 15, 2021, 6:10:03 AM9/15/21
to pmem
Alibaba Cloud does provide shared Optane pmem instances, for example 2vpu, 32GB Pmem, 8GB DRAM for US$0.16/hr, but I understand only in mainland China so far.