PM0945: E-text of the work "veLLai mALikaiyil" by C.N. Annathurai now available

K Kalyanasundaram

Feb 7, 2023, 11:46:03 AM2/7/23
to pmad...@googlegroups.com, Project Madurai
Dear Promads:

C.N. Annadurai, a prominent leader of the Dravidian parties of Tamilnadu has also
been a profile literary author and has written many novels, short stories, plays,
literary essays and speeches on many topics. We have released the e-version of
many works of Anna. We are pleased to add one more novel on the elevation of an
African American to be the President of the US to live in the White House:

சி.என். அண்ணாதுரை எழுதிய
வெள்ளை மாளிகையில்

veLLai mAlikaiyil
by C.N. aNNaturai
In Tamil script, unicode/utf-8 format

This forms PM release #945.

You can access the e-text file (HTML and PDF versions) in Tamil
Unicode  using the following URLs

in html /UTF8 format :
https://www.projectmadurai.org/pm_etexts/utf8/pmuni0945.html
https://www.infitt.org/pmadurai/pm_etexts/utf8/pmuni0945.html

as PDF file
https://www.projectmadurai.org/pm_etexts/pdf/pm0945.pdf
https://www.infitt.org/pmadurai/pm_etexts/pdf/pm0945.pdf

Acknowledgements:
Our Sincere thanks go to Tamil Virtual Academy for providing a scanned PDF of this work.
This e-text has been prepared using Google OCR online tool and subsequent proof-reading of the output file.
Preparation of HTML and PDF versions: Dr. K. Kalyanasundaram, Lausanne, Switzerland.

anbudan,
Kalyan
(K. Kalyanasundaram)

Yahoo

Feb 9, 2023, 2:40:59 AM2/9/23
to pmad...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kalyan:

Nice novel.

Who has the copyright for this Tamil novel?  It is only about 54 years since C.N.A. passed away (feb. e, 1969)

kkaly...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2023, 3:03:57 AM2/9/23
to Project Madurai (மதுரை தமிழிலக்கியத் திட்டம்)
Dear Neale:

On the inclusion of C.N. Annadurai works at Project Madurai

Tamil Virtual Academy has been digitizing the literary works of many Tamil authors
and distributing them through their TVA website. There is a list of 2200 books of
91 authors posted under URL

Tamil digital library webssite
however has posted scanned PDF of many more authors, more than 4500 PDF files.
free for download
Several years back when I contacted TVA authorities they told us that, we  (Project
Madurai) can use the PDF to generate machine-readable (searchable) versions.
The works of C.N. Annadurai that we have included are those for which soft e-copy (PDF)
is distributed by TVA. , see for example,
https://www.tamildigitallibrary.in/tva-search? tag=வெள்ளை+மாளிகையில்

See also the listing for CN Anndurai works at this wikipedia page
https://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/நாட்டுடைமையாக்கப்பட்ட தமிழ் நூல்களின் பட்டியல்

anbudan
Kalyan

K Kalyanasundaram

Feb 9, 2023, 3:19:28 AM2/9/23
to pmad...@googlegroups.com, Project Madurai
Dear Neale and friends

In continuation of my earlier posting on the list of Tamil authors whose works are now
in public domain, I would like to add the following:
 Tamilnadu Govt has made specific arrangements with the family members of over 100
well known Tamil authors to acquire all their literary works and to place them in the public domain.
Earlier I mentioned that the TVA website has posted details on 91 authors whose works
are in the public domain.

Tamil Development Department of Tamilnadu has now published an updated (2021) listing
of  165 Tamil authors whose works are in public domain. The full list along with ex-gratia
amount paid to each author is available in their website

The list starting with C. Subramaniya Bharathi, mentions C.N. Annadurai as the fourth
The family of Anna received possibly the highest amount (75 lakh Rs) in 1995 to place
Anna's works in the public domain.

anbudan
Kalyan

Yahoo