parser for rational rose .mdl files

Francesco Bochicchio

Jul 27, 2011, 3:15:55 AM7/27/11
to ply-hack
Hi all,

As part of a work for my company, I have used PLY to develop a
partial parser to extract informarion from the ASCII files where the
CASE tool Rational Rose stores the UML model. It is not a full blown
parser because I did not have the time and could not find any
documentation on the used format ( named for some reason petal
format ), but it coud be useful for someone. Anyone interested can
contact me or just go here
http://ep2011.europython.eu/conference/talks/generazione-di-codice-in-python-dal-documento-al-codice-c-passando-per-la-modellizzazione-uml
and download the zip file. Inside, along with the presentation I made
in the italian track of Europython 2011, you can find the Rational
Rose parser modules ( ptl_parser.py ).

Ciao
------
FB