Write a Compiler - January 17-20, 2012

David Beazley

Dec 28, 2011, 6:56:26 AM12/28/11
to ply-...@googlegroups.com, David Beazley
As many of you know, PLY was originally developed more than 10 years ago when I decided to use Python in the "Intro to Compilers" course I taught at the University of Chicago. In that course, we wrote a full-fledged compiler that converted a simple programming language to executable machine code. I've long since left the university, but have recently decided to offer a compiler implementation workshop here in Chicago. In a nutshell, it's a group of six programmers in a room who will spend four days working on a similar project while loading up on an insane amount of coffee. If you're interested in PLY, or compilers, or a programming challenge involving a lot of moving parts and a lot of advanced Python, you might find it interesting. More details at:

http://www.dabeaz.com/chicago/compiler.html

In the interest of full disclosure, preparing this workshop has been a huge amount of fun ;-).

Cheers,
Dave