support for sub-accounts?

Phil Rosenstein

Sep 28, 2016, 7:17:53 PM9/28/16
to plutus-gem
Greetings Plutus group,

I have integrated plutus into our rails application, and following a professional accountant's advice, we create a separate plutus account for each customer in our system.

Of course, when viewing the Balance Sheet, one line per customer makes for a pretty long page (and growing).  The accountant suggested that I should set up the customer accounts as "sub-ledgers" or "sub-accounts" so that the balance sheet could just report "Notes Receivable" for all customers.  I've checked the documentation and I don't see any feature like this?

Kind Regards

Phil

Patrick Johnmeyer

Oct 1, 2016, 12:26:08 PM10/1/16
to plutus-gem
I'm working on something similar, and I have prototyped two ways:

1) Set up a table external to Plutus that records the relationships of the accounts, and group by id
2) Use the account names to express the hierarchy, and use LIKE when querying by name

Both work for my use case (and I can go into more detail if you like), but I am not using the built-in views. These would likely have to be modified.

Gonzalo Reutter S.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:10:32 PM4/8/19
to plutus-gem
Hi Patrick,

I have the same requirement, what came out of your prototypes? Please any insight to the way you solved the problem is appreciated.

Don Wildman

Apr 10, 2019, 3:49:10 PM4/10/19
to plutus-gem
Hi,

I have implemented Plutus for a Trust-specific accounting system, I have multiple clients all with their own accounts and they can view their balance sheet by year.
Clients can also add their own sub-accounts, but to keep them in order I added a 'category' for each account type, for instance, I have a category for Asset type accounts called 'Fixed assets' so that they can add an account for each asset but I will still know which accounts to group together to calculate tehe balance sheet...

Does that make sense?

Let me know if you'd like me to expand on any of this if it fits what you're looking for...

Cheers,

Don