Scalability

Denno

Nov 16, 2013, 11:32:37 AM11/16/13
to plutu...@googlegroups.com
Hi can you advise on any scalability "gotchas" with plutus? For example I am trying to use it in an environment where there will hundreds of thousands of transactions and each transaction can be composed of 4 debit and credit amounts. In this scenario for example, the amounts table gets HUGE really quickly. What are your thoughts on mitigating this? Table partitioning? History tables? I'll appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
--Dennis

mbulat

Feb 11, 2014, 4:33:55 PM2/11/14
to plutu...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there's much of a difference here versus any other set of tables. The migrations have indexes on a number of columns. I've got thousands of rows in production and nearly all queries run in the 10s of milliseconds. If your doing tons of really big queries, caching via something like memcached is always going to be a good idea.

Also, there was some work done on a mongodb backed version of plutus, but I believe that hasn't been worked on recently. See https://github.com/isotope11/plutus/tree/mongoid

If you do run up against some hotspots, definitely let me know