Health of Rails4 branch?

Fred Zirdung

Sep 14, 2013, 2:22:03 PM9/14/13
to plutu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am looking to use the plutus engine in a new project and am contemplating which version to use; i.e. rails 3.2.x vs 4. I'm leaning towards rails 3.2, but am curious how much usage the rails 4 version of plutus is getting and the general health of that branch.

More specifically, are the changes that support rails 4 substantial enough that I should take pause before using plutus in a production system? Am looking to get my project done on a fast timeline. While I'd love to contribute to the project by being an early user/tester, I am not able to commit to doing that at this time. Kinda need something that is battle tested (or mostly battle tested).

Would love to hear thoughts/comments/feedback.

Cheers, Fred

mbulat

Nov 14, 2013, 12:09:13 PM11/14/13
to plutu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred

I'm currently in the process of putting a Rails 4 app with Plutus into production. The changes to the rails 4 branch were minimal and consisted of updating a couple of deprecated finders and removing the attr_accessible from the models which was pretty much unneeded.

In general though, Plutus is still a pre 1.0 release, so things may be changing substantially in the future. But I don't see any reason why the current rails 4 branch would have any problems in production.

-- Mike