patching gromacs 2022.3 with plumed 2.8.

Alfredo Cardenas

Sep 22, 2022, 12:24:34 AM9/22/22
to PLUMED users
Dear Plumed users/developers,
I wanted to update both the gromacs and plumed versions I use for my simulations. The plumed documentation for V 2.8 states that there is a patch for gromacs 2022.3 but running the patch command the latest patch for gromacs was for V. 2021.4. I tried to use that patch but got several hunks failures. I wonder if a patch for those version is coming soon.
Thanks,
Alfredo

Qinghua Liao

Sep 27, 2022, 10:39:00 AM9/27/22
to PLUMED users
Hello Alfredo,

The patches were updated, you have to download the patches (v2.8) from github, and compile it with Gromacs 2022.3.
It worked for me!

All the best,
Qinghua

Alfredo Cardenas

Sep 30, 2022, 10:50:12 AM9/30/22
to PLUMED users
Thanks Qinghua,
It works for me too
Alfredo

Yogendra Patel

Oct 1, 2022, 5:53:03 AM10/1/22
to PLUMED users
Dear users,

What changes do we have to make for proper patching of the above said version of Gromacs and plumed?

I am following the instructions given on the plumed site. But it could not show the patching of gromacs v2022.3 while performing command (e.g. plumed patch -p). It's not working for me. An explanation of the solution will be much appreciated.

Thanking all

Qinghua Liao

Oct 1, 2022, 6:19:49 AM10/1/22
to plumed...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As I mentioned, you have to download the patches from github,
the patches were updated there.

All the best,
Qinghua