PLUMED/Metadynamics with Desmond

Pratyush Tiwary

Apr 24, 2015, 4:29:01 PM4/24/15
to plumed...@googlegroups.com
Hi developers and others

I am planning to do metadynamics in Desmond for a variety of reasons, and was wondering if

(a) there is a PLUMED patch available for Desmond even if in the beta stage?
(b) someone has experience in running metadynamics in Desmond and going beyond the distance/angle/dihedral CVs?

Thanks a lot!
Pratyush

Davide Provasi

Apr 24, 2015, 4:44:08 PM4/24/15
to plumed...@googlegroups.com
I'll second Pratyush request. We'd be glad to help out developing a patch if there's a starting point to work on.
We've run some non-production metadynamics with a simple RMSD path variable with the native metadynamics plugin of an early version of Desmond a few years ago, but switched to plumed for the real simulations, so we didn't accumulate a lot of experience.

thanks!

Davide Provasi
Dept. of Structural and Chemical Biology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Icahn Medical Institute Building
1425 Madison Avenue, Box 1677
New York, NY 10029-6574