3D Metadynamics (AlphaRMSD [protA], AlphaRMSD [protB], and CONTACTMAP) not biasing CONTACTMAP

Gregory Schwing

Sep 1, 2022, 12:10:58 AM9/1/22
to PLUMED users
Dear Plumed users:

I am trying to perform metadynamics on a helix-loop-helix tf, to de-helify and dissociate the two proteins.  the dehelefication is taking place, but no change on the cmap CV is happening.  I have only been running for ~4 hours, but the helices have shown significant change, and the cmap has stayed constant.

I have attached my plumed.dat file, a heatmap of the contacts, the mdp file, and the HILLS file.

My understanding of biasing the contactmap is plumed should essentially drive dissociation of the dimer.  Is this a correct expectation?

Thank you

Greg
plumedforum.zip

Gregory Schwing

Sep 1, 2022, 1:10:32 PM9/1/22
to PLUMED users
Closing.  I was using Angstrom to set the Ref distance.

Ikponwmosa Obaseki

Oct 21, 2022, 12:49:16 PM10/21/22
to PLUMED users
Hey Greg. I would like to ask how you set up the contact map, specifically how to set up the weight and reference. i have checked the plumed manual but I am not too clear on how to set it up.