ALPHARMSD for four chains

azade...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2022, 5:07:36 AM8/23/22
to PLUMED users
Dear all,

I have four chains in my system. As a reference structure I give a PDB file in which the four chains are distinguishable with different chain names and I select each chain using the selection syntax of MDAnalysis. However, when I define the ALPHARMSD collective variable using all residues, it prints the value only for one chain.

However,  when I give a PDB file, in which the chains are not defined, a correct number is printed to the colvar file.

Here is the colvar file:

MOLINFO STRUCTURE=protein.pdb MOLTYPE=protein PYTHON_BIN=python
WHOLEMOLECULES ENTITY0=1-4336

cv1: RMSD REFERENCE=protein_backbone.pdb NOPBC TYPE=OPTIMAL
cv2: ALPHARMSD RESIDUES=all NOPBC

com1: COM ATOMS={@mda:{protein and backbone and segid PROA}}
com2: COM ATOMS={@mda:{protein and backbone and segid PROB}}
com3: COM ATOMS={@mda:{protein and backbone and segid PROC}}
com4: COM ATOMS={@mda:{protein and backbone and segid PROD}}

com: CENTER ATOMS=com1,com2,com3,com4

d1: DISTANCE ATOMS=com,com1
d2: DISTANCE ATOMS=com,com2
d3: DISTANCE ATOMS=com,com3
d4: DISTANCE ATOMS=com,com4

PRINT ARG=cv1,cv2,d1,d2,d3,d4 FILE=COLVAR STRIDE=200

I would be thankful if you could help me to solve this problem.

Best,
Azadeh

azade...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2022, 10:12:11 AM8/23/22
to PLUMED users
It seems the problem is that plumed considers unique resids and not all the residues with the same resids. In my systems the four chains have the same resid range.