General question on exam specificity.

Brian Laws

Jan 16, 2022, 3:47:15 PM1/16/22
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Hello to you all, hope you're having an excellent Sunday!

Currently preparing for an end of January/early February test. I'm running into this issue where I'm taking practice tests and doing reasonably well, but I'm worried that I don't have a deep enough level of knowledge for the test.

For instance, I'm reviewing the HHS standard for de-identification of medical records which includes 1) an expert determination; and 2) Safe Harbor. Safe harbor requires the removal of 18 different types of information to remove any direct or indirect links to an individual.

Do I really need to memorize 18 different types of medical-adjacent information and be prepared to identify whether, let's say, it wouldn't disqualify a healthcare provider from the Safe Harbor provision if they did not remove age information about a person younger than 89?

Basically, my question is - if there are any previous test takers out there - how deep do you feel you need to go on the material?

Thanks!